Chapter 9: Nick Fury

Y/N's P.O.V

So, Nick Fury the ex-Director of S.H.I.E.L.D has just shown up.

He and Tony had a talk in the barn beforehand.

It seems that he's here to help us. Apparently, Agent Hill called him in 

We're all gathered in the kitchen to discuss our next move.

Nick Fury: Ultron took you guys out of play to buy himself time. All my contacts tell me he's building something. Given all the vibranium he got away with I don't think it's just for one thing.

Steve: What about Ultron himself?

Nick Fury: Oh, he's everywhere right now. That guy multiple faster than a Catholic rabbit. But it still doesn't help us get an angle on him.

Y/N: I'm guessing he's still going after launch codes. Right?

Nick Fury: Yes he is, kid. There's only one problem.

Tony: I don't get how that's a problem as I cracked the Pentagon's firewall on a dare.

Y/N: Not to show-off, I was thirteen I hacked into the FBI's database on a dare.

Tony: Pretty good, kid.

Nick Fury: Anyway... I talked to some friends at the nexus about that.

Y/N: Wait, Nexus is a real place? I thought it was just a myth.

Bruce: Yeah, it's an hub in Oslo. Every bite of data runs through there.

Clint: So what'd they say?

Nick Fury: They say that the launch codes are constantly changing.

Y/N: By who?

Just then Clint throws three darts that all hit the bullseye. I turn back and give him a "really" look.

Nick Fury: No-one knows.

Steve: How's that possible?

Nick Fury: We're not sure.

Kate: Well, that's helpful.

Natasha: So we have an ally?

Nick Fury: No, Ultron has an enemy that's not the same thing. But I'd pay good money to find out who it is.

Tony: I might have to visit Oslo and have a look.

Y/N: Good idea.

Natasha: No offence boss, but when I saw you I thought you'd have more to offer.

Nick Fury: I do. I have you guys and the new kid. Back in the day I have eyes everywhere, and ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech in the world, but here we all with only are wit and will to save the world. Ultron says that the Avengers are the only thing between him and his goal, and we all know his goal is global destruction. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard.

Y/N: Sorry, Fury, but Cap doesn't like that kind of talk.

Steve smirks.

Steve: You know what, L/N?

I smirk back. 

Nick Fury: So what does he want?

As we talk Bruce figures out that Ultron wants to build a body with the help of Dr. Cho.

So next stop is Korea to stop Ultron, Steve, Natasha, Kate, Clint and I suit up to head to Korea.

While Tony heads to Oslo to find out who are mysterious ally is.

(Five minutes later)

After suiting up, I join Steve and Tony in the living room as Steve grabs his shield.

Steve: I'll take Y/N, Natasha and Clint.

Tony then comes over to us.

Tony: Alright, this is just recon. I'll hit the Nexus. Then I'll join you as soon as I can. Oh and I'll call in a friend for back-up while I'm at it.

Steve: Okay. So, if Ultron's really building a body...

Y/N: He'll be more powerful than anyone us.

Tony: Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot.

Steve: You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me.

Y/N: Well, before all this I thought the craziest thing to happen to me was getting bitten by a radioactive spider.

Both Steve and Tony chuckle.

We then see Nick come over as he puts his jacket on.

Nick Fury: I'll drop Banner off at the tower. You mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?

Tony: She's all yours. (Whispers) Apparently.

I look to him.

Y/N: What are you gonna do?

Nick Fury: I don't know, kid. Something dramatic, I hope.

I chuckle as Nick pats me on the shoulder before leaving with Banner.

After that Steve, Clint, Natasha and I board the quinjet and fly off to Korea.

(The next day)

(Seoul, South Korea)

After a long flight we finally make it to South Korea.

Steve and I leave the quinjet and land on to the highway, we then see Dr. Cho's lab.

Steve: Two minutes. Alright Y/N, you get in there and check in with Dr. Cho. I'll keep an eye out for Ultron from here. 

Y/N: Really? You want me to go in?

Steve: Yes. You'll have the easiest time getting in and out, especially if any Ultron bots are inside.

Y/N: I don't know, Cap.

He puts his hand on my shoulder.

Steve: Y/N, you can do this. I know you can. I trust you.

I nod.

Y/N: Okay, I'm on it.

I jump off the highway and web swing over to the lab.

Once I get inside I see most of the workers are dead I then see Dr. Cho on the ground still breathing.

Y/N: Dr. Cho! Are you okay?

I bend down and put pressure on her wound with a cloth.

Dr. Cho: Ultron's uploading himself into the body.

Y/N: Where?

Dr. Cho: The real power is inside the cradle, the gem its power is can't be contained. So you can't just blow it up. You need to get it to Stark.

Y/N: First we have to find it. You gonna be okay?

She nods.

Dr. Cho: Yes. Go.

I stand up and leave the lab to go and find Steve and let the others know what's happening.

I just hope we can find Ultron and stop him before it's too late.