Fighting for His Love

Ever since she was attacked in the streets two years ago, she hadn't been the same. That night happened like any other night, with her walking home from work after a late night of waiting tables and serving drinks. Usually, she has no problem riding her bike home and gets there safely. But this time, her bike had decided to finally break on her way to work, so she had to walk the rest of the way. Unfortunately for her, a group of drunks had decided to wait for her to leave work so they could strike. Not only were they drunk, but they were angry and horny. Valencia had cut them off of any more alcohol and rejected their advances. As she had reached her street, they crowded her and attacked. She would've been left for dead if it weren't for a tall silhouette stepping in to save her. Valencia, injured and scared, got up to thank them, but unfortunately, they were already gone. Several weeks later, she decided to move in with her friends Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, and her brother Vincent, who was more than willing to be a roommate, despite being surrounded by women He usually kept to himself anyway. As time went by, Valencia got more and more paranoid when it came to men, and who could blame her? One night, enough was enough.

"Valencia, you need to learn how to fight. Luckily, there's this trainer at my job who teaches everything! I'll talk to him tomorrow, so stop by before work, 'kay?" Yuffie exclaimed, excited to hook Valencia up with this trainer. The very next morning, when she got to her job at a local gym, she found her co-worker spotting one of his clients. He was getting irritated by how poorly he was performing. The man was tall, with long silver hair pulled back into a low ponytail, green eyes that anyone could get lost in, as well as rippling biceps and abs, an indication that he worked out a lot.

"If you're not going to take your workouts seriously, then leave. I refuse to keep training you if you're just going to ignore what I say." The man's voice was deep and asserting, very suiting for a man of his stature. The man he was talking to dropped his barbell and rushed out.

"Heya! Got a second? I need a favor!" Yuffie walked into the room completely, not at all scared of this tall, stoic man.

"Quickly. I have another client coming in, and she's very attention seeking." The man grabbed his black water bottle from the floor to fill it up at the water fountain. Yuffie followed him, grinning ear to ear.

"So, I have a friend who needs your help. She was attacked a couple of years ago and has been an absolute mess! Can you take her in under your wing and teach her how to fight? I promise she's very eager to learn!" She begged, folding her hands tightly and giving him the biggest puppy eyes she could make.

"No, absolutely not. My schedule is booked. Now, if you'll excuse me.." He pushed past her but didn't get very far when she ran in front of him.

"Oh, C'mon Sephiroth! Don't act like you don't owe me a favor! Remember when I got that group of teenage girls out of the gym? Yeah, you owe me! Do this one thing for me, and I'll call it even!" She reminded him. Sephiroth groaned.

"Fine. When is she coming, and what does she look like?" Just as he was saying that, Valencia shyly entered the place, feeling insecure about how she was dressed. Yuffie squealed, pulling him towards her.

"Valencia, there you are, bestie! This is Sephiroth, the greatest trainer here! Sephiroth, this is your newest project, Valencia! Now, why don't you show her the ropes and have fun?!" Yuffie made the "I got my eyes on you" motion and ran to the front desk. For some reason, Valencia couldn't stop looking at him. It made her wonder if they've met before. Were they married in their past life? All she knew was that something was off about him.

"Are you going to keep staring, or can we get started?" Sephiroth brought her out of her trance, making her ears run hot in embarrassment.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Yes, let's go! And, thank you for taking me in." She followed him to a warm-up station, where he set up a yoga mat.