Let's Continue What We Started Pt.1

Chapter Eighteen: Let's Continue What We Started Pt.1

"Today's the last day, so how are we going to get away with it?" Haerin asked as she took a seat with Minji and Hyein.

"The graduation ceremony is happening after school; my parents are going to take forever to take pictures of me, and they might take me to get food. The ceremony is already long enough with all the students and teachers that are giving speeches, but even if you take the speech time away, there are like 300 students that are graduating with me, and one of them is Hanni. You guys are less likely to get caught, but I'm in the worst position." Minji sighed and then drank her apple juice.

"Guys, I honestly don't want to do this anymore; it's not the same anymore." Hyein confessed out of nowhere.

"What?" Minji and Haerin asked in unison.

"I just don't feel comfortable with it anymore. The feeling that was there before is gone. You guys are free to continue, but it'll be without me." Hyein clarified.

"I think you should do it alone, Haerin. I'm going to college soon, and I don't want anything more to damage my future, even though there are things we did in the past that can still mess it up. I can't take that risk, and Hyein isn't comfortable with it." Minji suggested.

"I'll give the gun back to you and anything else you let us borrow, but please promise me once you've taken the last life, you'll bury that somewhere and never use it again." Minji added.

"I will, but when can I go grab the stuff." Haerin asked.

"All my stuff is with Hyein's at her house in her room; she can go get it and give it back to you. During the graduation, after they call my name, you guys lie that you need to go to the bathroom. When they let you guys go, run back with Hyein to her house and grab the things." Minji replied, then looked over at the lunch line; Hanni, Danielle, and Eunjin were still waiting.

Haerin nodded and then started to eat the lunch she had made at home; she hated the school food.

"When's Hanni going to talk to her parents? She said they were making her sister ignore her." Hyein asked.

"Last night, her mom sent her a text; her family is going to show up to the ceremony then take her back to their house so they can talk, but I have a feeling they are still really mad at her. I hope the talk will help them clear things up." Minji replied, then looked back over at the lunch line again; her friends and girlfriend were barely getting their lunch.

"It's been like 2 months, and they're barely talking to her again?" Hyein furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, but they're family. They should have a good relationship; it shouldn't be ruined over one opinion that won't even change much in their lives, especially for her parents." Minji finished her food and then threw it away.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. If Hanni shows up before I come back, just let her know." Minji said, then walked away.

"Who are you going to get rid of as your last victim?" Hyein asked once she noticed Haerin finishing up her food.

"I don't know, maybe I'll stop now." Haerin closed her Tupperware and placed it back in her lunchbox.

"If you feel like you're also losing interest, just stop. No one's forcing you to keep going." Hyein suggested.