Another Try

It's been another week since Alastor and Lucifer talked it out. Lucifer feared that he may have lost Alastor forever. Alastor was trying to get enough nerve to try this whole intimacy idea. Both were lost in this relationship.
Alastor was at his radio tower holding the duck Lucifer gave him. Spinning the duck in his hands. Alastor needed to show Lucifer he liked him and not in his way. Lucifer did not like the spying but he did like the radio. This was confusing. Then Alastor snapped his fingers. He had an idea.

Lucifer looked at the paper note that Alastor slipped into his pocket during exercises as he climbed the stairs. My room at seven-Alastor.
It was almost seven. Alastor has been missing since two for his broadcast but that was over with at five. Lucifer was super confused. Before he knew it, Lucifer was at Alastor's door. Lucifer knocked and after that he fixed his hat.

Alastor heard the knock as he finished riding up his new suit for the occasion. A new red and black suit. He wanted to show Lucifer that he can try and do this the right way. At least he hoped. Alastor rushed to the door and opened it and held it open.
"After you," he said with a smile.
"Uh thanks," Lucifer said as he entered the room. He looked at Alastor noticing his new suit. Lucifer felt under dress.
"I see you got a new suit," Lucifer said as he looked up and down Alastor's body.
"Do you like it? I picked it out especially for you." Alastor added as he took Lucifer's right hand and kissed the back of the hand letting his lips rest there for a moment.
Lucifer's face got red hot. He hadn't got this type of attention in the while. He hadn't had anyone try to impress him especially Alastor. This he could get used to. Alastor then pulled him as they walked to the balcony, holding hands as Alastor led them.
Lucifer felt his whole face turn red. He just want to kiss Alastor. He was being kind and sweet. Something Lucifer knew was hard for him. Alastor was trying to make up for the mistakes he had made. Alastor knew that Lucifer wanted the usual date things and Alastor was going to try his best.
There on the balcony was a table. The table was covered in a white table cloth. It was set with golden plates and golden silverware. In the middle there were yellow roses in a vase. Two wooden chairs sitting across from each other. There were two wine glasses empty.
"This looks nice," Lucifer said standing in the door way of the balcony.
Alastor stood behind him wrapping his arms around his waist.
Alastor whispered in Lucifer's ear "only the best for you my king."
Lucifer felt a shiver go down his spine and goosebumps appeared on his arms. He relaxed is stance so he leaned back into Alastor.
"Ah ah," Alastor said shaking his head. "First dinner then see where the night takes us."
Alastor took Lucifer's hand once again and lead him to the table. Alastor pulled the chair out for the king. Lucifer sat down and Alastor pushed the chair in.
"Yellow roses?" Lucifer questioned as Alastor opened a bottle of wine.
"Yes," Alastor said pouring the red wine into a glass while sneaking a glance at Lucifer's blushed face.
"Red roses are what you like, right?" Lucifer questioned while watching the wine fill his glass.
"Yes it is," Alastor answered while moving to fill his glass. "But ducks aren't red, they are yellow. And roses come in yellow. My favorite flower with the color of your favorite creature, just felt right."
Lucifer felt his face get hot again.
"I like that you are trying," Lucifer blurted out.
"I know. You deserve a person who will treat you right. One that will respect and worship you. I will try my best to be that," Alastor stated as he sat down in his chair.
Lucifer's mouth fell open a little. He was falling for this man. He watched as Alastor studied his face as it got redder. Alastor grabbed his wine and sipped it watching Lucifer's face getting as red as the wine he drank.
"Sweet but not as sweet as your blood," Alastor remarked setting down the wine glass.
Lucifer went to grab the glass and he paused. He saw his wedding ring. He closed his eyes tights
"Was it something I said," Alastor said with panic in his radio voice.
Lucifer felt guilt for both of his lovers. He wanted a life with Alastor but what about Lilith. What if Lilith didn't want him and he ruined his chance with Alastor. Why is life decisions so hard Lucifer thought. He need to answer Alastor before he lose him too.
"Nothing you said dear," Lucifer answered as he reached for the wine glass with his other hand.
"You look conflicted," Alastor said turning his radio voice off. "If you still don't trust me, we can try again later."
"I am conflicted for other reasons. You being vulnerable is what I asked. And you are doing it. You are opening up and now I am the one closing up due to their past," Lucifer said trying to hold back tears.
Alastor got up and walked to Lucifer and knelt down to be eye level.
"If you are not ready, I will not push. You do not push when I am not ready for intimacy. I will wait until you are ready," Alastor said still without his radio voice.
Lucifer did a small smile while wiping his eyes. "You just made the choice so much easier." Lucifer said as he removed his ring and put in his pocket.

Alastor brought out dinner. Lucifer was scared. He knew what Alastor ate but trust is part of the relationship. When Alastor removed the sliver lid, Lucifer felt relieved. The plate had a cooked steak and potatoes.
"Don't worry I cooked your venison," Alastor teased as he kissed Lucifer's cheek. Lucifer felt his cheek as Alastor walked away. This was becoming the perfect evening. He watched Alastor sit and eat his raw steak. Cutting the steak into bite size pieces. Lucifer cut the steak and saw it was medium. He took a bite and enjoyed the taste.
"First time?" Alastor asked.
"No I been on dates with other male demons before," Lucifer joked.
"Ha Ha," Alastor staid with his fake static voice. "You know what I meant you jerk."
"You are feisty again. I like that about you. You love picking fights with people who are more powerful than you," Lucifer answered as he took another bite. Lucifer took his foot and started to stroke Alastor's leg with his foot.
"What are you doing?" Alastor asked as he gripped the table and leaned back."
"This is the first time I had venison," Lucifer stated and continued to stroke his foot up Alastor's leg.
"Are you trying to get my suit dirty?" Alastor sounded confused.
Lucifer chuckled. Lucifer like watching the deer squirm in his seat. Alastor looked so confused and Lucifer like this power.
"I am just trying to touch you," Lucifer said as he laid his head in his hand and watched Alastor put his ears back.
"Why? This is just weird you are stroking me with your foot up my leg," Alastor still sounded puzzled.
"I am flirting with you idiot," Lucifer said with an eye roll.
"How is getting my suit dirty flirty," Alastor asked.
"No thats. Not the point," Lucifer said.
"What is the point?" Alastor asked.
"To touch you," Lucifer stated.
"But there are much better ways to touch me," Alastor said.
"Oh?" Lucifer raised an eyebrow.