talking to dad or the chief

The raid ended 10 minutes later.

Hiccup and Sparrow just stood in the forge. With awkward silence after that comment, of course.

"Hey Hicc- whoa! Who's that you got there?" Gobber entered the forge.

"Ummmmm she thinks she got shipwrecked on berk and she has no memory other than her name, which she only knows because it was stitched in her jacket. She's Sparrow by the way." Hiccup spoke almost in a sarcastic manner even though he wasn't being sarcastic. "Your hair is really sandy."

Sparrow took a strand of her hair and it was indeed covered in a lot of sand. Part of the reason she thought she was shipwrecked.

"Right. To the chief then." Gobber spoke, while eyeing Sparrow.

Sparrow was looking at the very interesting dirt while they spoke, before getting taped on the arm by Hiccup.

She glanced up at him before following him out.

"Stoick! We have a guest!" Gobbers voice rang through the crowd.

The crowd parted letting Stoick through. Seeing the unfamiliar girl standing behind his son, his son was behind Gobber.

"Who's she?" Stoick almost demanded.

"She claims she was shipwrecked, but she doesn't really know. Her memory got wiped. Also her name is Sparrow, chief." Gobber spoke.

"And she only knows it because it was stitched in her jacket." Hiccup added.

Sparrow shied back. Almost wanting to melt into the ground.

Her long hazel hair brushing her face as she looked down.

"How does she know her own name then?"

"I don't really know chief."

Hiccup sputtered. HE HAD JUST SAID THAT!

"Then her memory isn't all gone. Anything else you remember?" Stoick looked at her with skin piercing eyes.

"Um..." she trailed off. A fuzzy image if a dragon burning something appeared in her mind. " a dragon burning something. I can't really tell what it is." Her face scrunched in focus to keep the image in her mind. "That's all sir."

"Well your face doesn't lie. You can stay here." Stoick said.

After that Hiccup walked away, trying to avoid the other teens. Who were waiting for the perfect opportunity to laugh at the skinny teen.

"Gobber show her to a vacant house. Please." Stoick said before returning to his chief duties.

Gobber gestured to follow him. And Sparrow did.

She did notice that Hiccup was no longer there. And that made her sad.

"Hey look its anthor fishbone." Snotlout sneered then laughed. The twin laughing and pointing.

Sparrow could feel the anger rise in her. She, however, pushed it down. They weren't worth her time. So these were the teens Hiccup was talking about. She already hated them.

She'd challenge the black haired boy to a race soon. Even if she didn't know how fast she was. She was sure he was slower. And stupider.

Gobber showed her the hut she was staying in. It was tiny, but sooo cute. Close to the chiefs house too. Just down the hill a ways.

"This is your new home. Don't ask why Stoick thought a 14 year old to have her own hut was a good idea. Just don't wreak the place. You are fourteen right?"

"No clue. But I feel and look fourteen!" She said proudly. She thanked him before entering the small house. It had a small sitting area with a table and fireplace close by. Small chairs in the room too.

The upstairs had one small room that connected to the stairs. One lone bed in the middle. Sheets and a pillow set up.

A small desk close by. On the desk was some empty notebooks and charcoal pencils.

Other than that, bits of food, firewood and a great big pot, the house had nothing truly in it.

Or truly belonging to her.

"I guess this is all mine then. ''She said aloud,"Its adorable."

She then searched the house for utensils. In a small cabinet there were the 5 sets of eating utensils. As well as a few bowls, plates, and cups.

There was a knock at her door. She went over to open it. Standing there with a sheepish smile was Hiccup.

Her mouth spread into a smile.

"Can I come in?" He asked her nervously.

"Yes! Yes! I need a babysitter!" She spoke enthusiastically.

He laughed at her joke.

"Its tiny and cute oah!" Sparrow exclaimed in a 'I'm a baby and so chubby' voice.

"It is cute."

"Yes! And it's got five pairs of eating utensils!" She said with happiness cursing through her voice.

"I didn't know anyone could get that happy over utensils." Hiccup said while padding his tunic.

"Well I do."

Hiccup pulls a wrapped item from his tunic.

"So... this is just a welcomed to Berk gift. I made it yesterday. I hope you like it." Hiccup said while holding the wrapped item out.

Sparrow gently takes it from his hands. She undoes the tied thin leather. And carefully unfolds the thin sheet of tanned yak hide.

Sparrow gasps. Inside was a medium sized dagger. The best part, well at least for Sparrow, it came with a sheath. Now she could tie it to her skirt, somehow. The leather wrapped around the handle was a dark red. The dagger itself looked new and unused.

"I-I love it!" She breathes.

Setting it down on the nearby table, she practically tackles Hiccup in a hug.

"By the way the bullys of yours, are also mine now. And I have just the way to deal with the black haired boy." She says mischievously. "Ok so here's what we gotta do..."
______________

"Are you sure? Snot has beat me in all the racing events I have ever done." Hiccup said with a bit of worry.

"Well. I hadn't thought of that." She out on her thinking face. "What if we train! In the forest. We jump over logs and run for long extended time while sprinting the last bit!"

"Where did you come up with this stuff?"

"My brain. It's dumb and smart." She said while trying to draw a copy of Berk from a map. She wasn't very good at it.