two dragons

"Not here" Hiccup said.

"Maybe this way?" Sparrow said, while pointing towards a fallen log.

They began walking that way.

"Hey! Look! This tree is broken." Sparrow said.

"The dragon crashed here. Just that way!"

They walked over a small hill. On the other side was the nightfury. Not only that but there was a second one.

"Two? I thought we only shot one?" Sparrow asked.

"We did. That one still in the bolas. It looks starved too." Hiccup said.

"Maybe we shouldn't kill them."

"Why? It's our way to prove ourselves!" Hiccup  slid down the hill while Sparrow watched.

Hiccup approached the big beast. He could still see it's chest moving up and down indicating it was still alive. He raised his dagger above the dragon.

The dragons eyes popped open. He looked with fear at the skinny viking about to end him.

Hiccup paused. He had never seen a dragon looking so terrified.
______

"I can't do this. Sparrow, you're right. Let's not kill them." Hiccup said after a few minutes of trying to plunge his dagger into the dragon.

"Yeah. Do you want to go back for some fish? I saw a terrible terror eat those once."

"No you do it."

"Fine. Don't die." She said while running off.

Hiccup looked at each of the nightfury's. One was a bit smaller and skinnier, it looked starved. The other a bit more bulky, like that one had eaten more.

He sat on the ground. The bigger dragon started to stir. Hiccup looked up. The dragon opened it's big green eyes.

They stared at each other until Sparrow came back with 3 baskets of fish.

"Why three?" Hiccup asked her.

"Well one for this boy here and two for the smaller one."

Hiccup took out his dagger. He started to cut through the ropes. The dragon looks back as much as he could.

Sparrow went to the smaller dragon hoping it was still alive.

It was.

Sparrow took out her dagger and started to break the ropes.

The dragon opened her neon green eyes. She watch the small human break the ropes.

When the final rope broke on the bigger dragons body, he lepted and pinned Hiccup to the rock.

"H-hey... there's some fish for you." He said while trying to point at the basket of fish.

The nightfury roared in his face then tried to fly away. Crashing into several trees and crashing somewhere.

Hiccup passed out.

The smaller nightfury wandered over to her baskets of fish. Eating fast.

"Hiccup..Hiccup? Are you okay" Sparrow shook him. "No he had a sensory overload. Duh."

She looked back over to the small nightfury.

"I know a place where you can stay. It's a secret place and hard to find." She said to the nightfury. "Okay Hiccup, don't move. Umm... follow me please." She took a fish and started to walk towards the cove.

Making her way towards the entrance, she saw black scales.

"What?" Sparrow picked up a scale. Suddenly a flash of black sent her sprawling on the ground.

The second nightfury.

"Oh. That explains it. Come on."

She showed the small nightfury to the bottom of the cove.

"Okay now I have to go. The sun is setting and it looks like a bit of rain."

Sparrow sped back to where she had left Hiccup.

He was just starting to wake up.

"Hiccup! Oh thank gods your awake!"

"Uhg.... we can go back now?" He made it sound like a question.

She nodded. They slowly headed back towards the village.