the cove

It had been exactly 2 weeks since the race. The race did make the bulling worse, Sparrow took most of it. Hiccup felt useless because Sparrow kept getting hit or punched.

Now they were walking in the forest. Sparrow's dagger attached to her hip.

They were looking at some sticks.

"What about this one?" Hiccup asked, holding up a thick branch.

"Perfect." Spaarow grabbed the branch."all we gotta do is find a spot to sit, for maybe 3 hours, undisturbed."

They walked in the forest a bit longer, until they came upon a cove. The cove located at ravens point.

The cove had a medium sized lake, small cave, and a lot of greens.

"Oh! This place is quiet and hard to find." Hiccup said to Sparrow as they made their way  down.

"Yes its perfect. This could be our secret place. We just have to make sure Astrid doesn't follow us." Sparrow looked for a place to sit. "Bleh. No good logs to sit. GROUND IT IS!" she pointed a finger in the air, before sitting were she was standing.

Hiccup began to try to skip rocks.

"Did I mention how much I love this little dagger?" Sparrow asked Hiccup.

"Yes"

"Did I mention how cute you are?"

Hiccup blushed. Cheeks rosy red he did not respond to that.

She began to carve away at the log. A hook at one end. The hook was thicker in the middle. Then carefully make the body thinner, but still sturdy. She made the bottom a tad thicker.

Finally she added some swirls. Then carefully made a small hole in the hook.

"I need some fabric or well things to wrap around the staff." Sparrow finally said after about 3 hours.

"I may have some scrap fabric."

"Sweet"

<..>..<..>

Hiccup handed her some colored scraps of leather.

She carefully tied the scraps around the body of the staff. Then she put some in the hole in the hook.

"Done!"

"It looks nice."

Sparrow nodded. Her craftsmanship was excellent, and this staff should last her a bit.

They went to her house and took out their notebooks.

"Ok. So what's a invention that could throw a bola for me?" Hiccup asked. He wasn't good at holding any wepons and he couldn't throw a bola either.

"Umm. I don't know. But maybe it could be, like modeled after a crossbow. And it could almost rotate." Sparrow thought aloud.

"Good idea. Do you want to help?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I want to help!" She lightly punched his shoulder. He winched and rubbed it.

<..>..<..>

Sparrow had her staff in hand as they were walking to forge the next day.

They both had models of their own design for the bola launcher. The ultimately went with Hiccups design because Sparrow couldn't even make out her design it was so bad.

Then the twins and Snotlout approached them.

"Hey! Your in our way!" Snotlout said.

"No you purposely went this way just to say it." Sparrow said in a defense manner.

"Haha. No your in our way!" Snotlout lunged for Sparrow.

"What is it with you and VIOLENCE!  Violence is not the answer!" She backed up a pace.

Snotlout lunged for her again. But Sparrow kicked.

Square in the stomach.

Snotlout howled in pain. Then stumbled back to the twins.

The twins gave each other a look. Then they too lunged at Sparrow.

Sparrow tossed her staff to Hiccup. He caught it, as they had practiced a bit.

Then she held up her fists defensively. The twins tried to grab her, but she back up. They bagged their head together. She then kicked them. Sending them back.

"If you don't mind we will be on our way." she said smugly.

Hiccup handed her staff over.

''How our we gonna test it once its built?"she asked him," its not like we can just shoot it at some random viking.''

"Uuhh...."

"I got it. We launch it at a tree."

Hiccups noods his head.

"Ok let's get working on the prototype." He said as they entered his small room where all his drawings of inventions were kept.

Sparrow was terrible at making things that weren't carved so Hiccup did most of the work.