A Promise to be Kept

"Ugh. What happened?"

Yuri groaned as she sat up, rubbing her neck. Her eyes widen when she saw explosions happening all over the stadium and far off within the village. The Hidden Leaf Village was being attacked by Sand and Sound Ninjas. There were several Anbu Black Ops fighting them off. The area where the Third Hokage and Kazekage wore was being blocked off by a barrier. There were several Leaf Shinobi trying to break through it but had no luck. Yuri also saw that Sasuke and Gaara were nowhere to be seen, along with Temari and Kankuro and Shino.

Yuri quickly got up and quickly went upstairs to the upper floor of the stadium. The spectators were asleep as they were caught in a Genjutsu. Ino, Hinata, Kiba, Lee, and Choji were all asleep. Shikamaru was lying on the floor passed out as well. But, Naruto and Sakura were gone as well. Yuri saw her mom and Yukina asleep among the crowd as well. When she was about to run over to them, a kunai suddenly flew in her direction. Yuri threw one back, deflecting her attacker's weapon. A Sound and Sand Ninja stood in front of her.

"I see you managed to stay awake during our Genjutsu." The Sand shinobi smirked.

"Lucky me." Yuri deadpanned. "Get out of my way. I don't have time for both of you."

"You're going to wish you'd stayed asleep." The sound shinobi spoke. Just when the two of them were going lunge at Yuri to attack, a voice shouted.

"Dynamic Entry!" Gai was in the air and landed a kick into the Sound ninja, sending him crashing into the wall. Kakashi poofed in front of Yuri and took out the Sand Ninja with a punch to the stomach and a karate chop to the back of the shinobi's neck.

"Why are the Sand and Sound ninjas attacking!?" Yuri shouted.

"It was all an ambush to get to the Hokage." Yuri heard her father's voice spoke from behind her. Yuri turned and saw him walking over to her.

"Let me guess, Orochimaru's behind the sound ninjas attack and they probably teamed up with the Sand as well?" She pointed out. Gai's eyes widened a little in surprise.

"How did-"

"He attacked us during the second exam. But that's not important right now. Where's Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura?" Yuri asked Kakashi.

"They went after the two Sand ninjas who took Gaara with them." Kakashi told her.

"Where are they now?" Yuri asked. Kakashi pointed to where they had run off.

"Okay, I'll head in that direction and hopefully I'll find them." Yuri took off before either one of them could stop her.

"Let's focus on the fight, right now! I bet I can get more than you, Kakashi!" Gai smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah." Kakashi replied.

"I already got 32." Kisuke smirked. Kakashi and Gai's eye widen shock.

"We can't let him beat us!" Gai shouted.

Yuri hopped through the trees, while being on alert for any shinobi, searching around to find her teammates. Within the distance, Yuri saw Kankuro fighting against Shino.

"Hey, Shino! Where are the others!?" Yuri shouted.

"They went on ahead." Shino spoke.

"Okay, thanks!" Yuri shouted and quickly left, leaving Shino with Kankuro.

"You're not going anywhere!" Kankuro shouted and made his puppet lunge out at Yuri. Shino used his bugs to keep the pupper back.

"You're fighting me or have you forgotten?"

Yuri went ahead a little further until she heard a commotion up ahead. Then Yuri saw Temari trembling as she was hiding behind a tree, sitting on a branch, covering her ears.