Chapter Five

Theo's afternoon at work the next day was an easy and a slow one thankfully. He was sitting down behind his cluttered desk eating the lunch Reed had started packing him daily. Today was ham and salami on homemade bread chef Matt had baked and given them as a gift, salty barbecue chips, an apple to " keep the doctor away" , a bottle of water and a couple of Tums for his sometimes sensitive stomach. He smiled when he read the note that Reed had also slipped into the lunch bag.

" Darling, I hope you enjoy this lunch as much as I enjoy having you in my life. You and our son are my life. Loving kisses and hugs , Reed. "

He smiled. And was still smiling as he finished the lunch. He drained the last of the water and refolded the note , putting it away in his suit jacket pocket.

His office door opened and his intern Scott stepped casually into the room. He smiled at him with all the eagerness of a big overactive puppy dog. " You look happy, boss. Bet I can guess the reason. It start with a R and ends with a D. "

" Always," Theo laughed wryly as he stood up to go toss his trash in the trash can across the room. Only as usual he tripped over absolutely nothing. Scott caught him by the arms and pulled him close to him. They were so close their faces were almost touching. They were so close Theo could feel Scott's heart beating rapidly. They were so close that Theo could smell Scott's musky cologne.

They were too close.

Theo was about to pull away just as the door opened again and in stepped his husband Reed.

Reed practically growled," Mind taking your damn hands off my husband, Junior? "