Chapter Twenty

Theo hated conflict. He always had. It made him itch. But the Monday morning soon after he arrived at his office he decided to have a talk about boundaries. He wasn't really comfortable with him texting him outside office hours.

Scott strode confidently into his office. How did he have that much carefree confidence at twenty one? , Theo thought. He certainly wasn't like that at the same age.

Scott closed his office door and came over to him. From behind he started to massage Theo's shoulders. " Hey , boss , you look tense today. Didn't have a good weekend? "

Theo stepped away from Scott. " Scott, I like you but we really need to discuss boundaries and what is appropriate in the workplace."

" You like me? " Scott smiled seductively. And moved closer. " That's good. Because I like you too. I felt something the day you almost fell. I know you did . I saw it in your face. Your gorgeous eyes. If your husband hadn't came in what would have happened?"

" Nothing. Nothing would have happened. You know..... I think this internship is not going to work out. "

Scott said ," Good because I think I want a different type of arrangement. "

Then the younger man grabbed him and forced a kiss on his surprised mouth.

Theo pulled away. " What the hell is wrong with you today? I think you should leave. "

" I don't think so. " Scott shoved Theo back against the wall and kissed him again. Theo tried to push him away but Scott was taller and stronger and had the advantage. " Come on. You know you want me. I felt it. Admit you want me. I've been told I'm very good. I'll make you scream, boss. "

Theo didn't scream. He stepped. He stepped hard on Scott's foot. Hard enough that he yelped in pain and jumped back.

Scott laughed. " Oh yeah I like it rough, boss. I really like you. "

He pulled Theo to him , determined to steal another abusive kiss. Theo's next move was going to be a underhanded one. A knee to the groin but then the door opened. In came Reed , holding a lunch bag , saying," Darling, this time you really did forget your...... '

Reed saw Scott manhandling his husband and saw red. He dropped the bag , went over and grabbed Scott off Theo. He looked like he wanted to kill him.

Theo was worried he just might.

" Reed , don't kill him! "

" Yes ," Scott whimpered while struggling to escape Reed's firm grip. "Don't hurt me. Please. I didn't want to do it. I had no choice. I was just following orders. "

Reed and Theo looked at each other. " Whose orders? ," they said at the same time.

Scott swallowed. " My uncle. B.J. Baldwin. He put me here because he said he wanted to distract Theo so he wouldn't be nosy like with the Clyde murder. I don't know why. But you'll never prove it. Uncle B.J. gets away with everything. Please don't hurt me. "

Reed threw him against the wall. He loomed over him in an intimidating way. " The bastard told you to attack my husband? "

" No..... I wasn't going to..... I was just supposed to distract him......I was just going to......."

" Have a tea party with him , Junior? ," Reed sneered in an unfriendly tone. " You know more. Talk ! Now ! Or I'll take you to work and feed you to one of my apes. "

And , talk the scared young man did. Afterwards Reed wanted to call the police but Theo said no.

" Why on God's green earth not ?," Reed asked.

" Because I have a plan to get Matt out of trouble and Baldwin in it. I'll need Charles and Grace to help though. And I'll need Scott to keep quiet or I will call the police."

Reed lifted an eyebrow at him.

Theo smiled bitterly. " Baldwin isn't the only one who can alter reality and play with people's lives. Only we're going to use it to our advantage and benefit. "