Chapter Nineteen

Theo was in bed curled up next to a sleeping Reed that night but he wasn't sleeping. He was replaying the meeting with Baldwin. He was also thinking about the information he and Reed had googled about the Manley murder. Apparently he was a DC native that lived in Virginia before his passing. He was from a hard core military family that he was estranged from. He worked as a print model. In fact one of his modeling credits was background for a Julius Beauregard political ad. So there was a link between the two. A minor link but still a link. Theo didn't find anything googling that connected him to either Saint or Matt. The local media was straining to make a connection though. They so loved a good political scandal.

Another thing that kept him awake was the texts from Scott . He didn't believe the young man had a crush on him of all people. He wanted to give him a chance. But there was something that was starting to trouble him about Scott. He couldn't put his finger on it though. He was going to talk to him again on Monday about professional boundaries. He felt like his texts were borderline flirty. If it continued maybe he should give in and admit Reed was right. Maybe Scott needed to go.