Chapter Eight

That night Theo , Reed and Benji had a nice family dinner of pepperoni, sausage and black olive pizza from Pizza Hut followed by Benji's favorite movie Aladdin. After the movie Reed and Theo put their son to bed. After asking for three glasses of water ( they said no because he had a history of bed-wetting ) , two bedtime stories and Reed singing a lullaby to him Benji had finally drifted off to sleep with his chubby little thumb in his mouth.

They went to the living room where Reed collapsed into his beloved chair that had belonged to his father, Theo sitting on his lap with his head pressed against Reed's chest. Reed held onto Theo and closed his eyes. They were silent for a long while until Theo asked," Reed ? Why the hell are you jealous of Scott? "

Reed swallowed harshly. Theo could feel the tension raising in his taller well built body. " I'm not really jealous. "

Theo looked at him with an eyebrow lifted.

Reed laughed wryly. " Ok. Maybe I'm a little jealous. I can't explain it. He's good looking. He's gay. He's young. He's smart. He's smarter than me. " He hesitated and then sighed. His arms tightened around Theo. " I was never a jealous person. I was never jealous of Bethany. I didn't really consider that a real marriage. We were playing house. You're different. Our marriage is different. I just don't..... I don't want you to wake up and realize you can do better. Better than me. "

Theo sat up and stared at him in much amazement. His gorgeous marvelous man who would fight anyone to protect him. " You idiot. You gorgeous idiot. How could I ever find anyone better than you? Like there was a long line outside my door before we  reconnected. Ask Charles or Grace. I was never Mr. Popular. More like a wallflower. I only had two men before you. One cheated on me. The other refused to sleep with me. "

Reed pulled him back down to lay against him. " Then they were the real idiots to keep sleeping on you. I have looks yeah but looks aren't everything. They'll fade one day. Hell I'm getting gray hair already. And a few lines I refuse to call wrinkles. When I get old and I'm not as good looking what will I have?"

Theo placed his hand over his man's steadily beating heart. " Your heart. Your soul. Your spirit. That's more beautiful than even your face or your body. And you'll have me. Always. "

" I love you, my wallflower. "

" I love you, sweetie. "

Theo then kissed Reed and jealousy was suddenly the last thing on either of their minds.

" Let's go to bed , darling," Reed said quietly.