Chapter Thirteen

Matt furrowed his brow in confusion. " Who ? I don't know the name. "

Rhodes exchanged a look with the uniform. " The man you were kissing in the Washington Reign picture. Does that jar your faulty memory? "

Matt said ," That picture was fake. The paper retracted it. It was fake. I didn't kiss him. I don't know him. What's going on? " He pulled out his phone. " I'm calling my husband. "

" Sir , this man you claim you don't know was found dead  in a Southeast DC motel. A gun matching your husband's was found near him. And so was your ID and tote bag. Please come to the station with us. We have a few questions. "

" No. I won't. We were recently robbed. The stuff you found was stolen from us. Why would I kill a complete stranger and leave evidence leading back to me ? I'm not stupid! "

Matt hadn't had a panic attack in ages. His chest was starting to ache. He could not breathe. He felt weak and shaky. He needed Saint. He tried to dial his number but he couldn't remember it for some reason. He could feel the woman's cold eyes boring into him. He wasn't going with them.

He wasn't.......

He wasn't......

He tried to call Saint, Theo, Reed..... Oh .... what were their numbers?

He needed help.

He was going to lose everything......

Help......

He started to scream.

" Sir? Are you alright? Calm down. Sir ?"

He kept screaming and fell onto the ground, rocking himself back and forth.

He was going to lose everything.....

" Shit ," Rhodes said. " Get an ambulance here. Fast. "