Chapter Twenty Three

B.J. reached into his suit jacket pocket and pulled out a 45.

Just like Saint's gun.

He pointed it at Matt who was still sitting there in the chair at his desk. " I don't know how you're still alive or why you are here now. I don't care. I really don't. All I care about is this election and Julius winning it. I'm sick of you and your holier than thou husband who is naive enough to think he'll change anything through the system. You two really thought that you could run for political office in this country and not have your nasty little secrets revealed. Both of  you are really too stupid to live. Julius was right. I should have just had you two killed like the Jacobs. But I decided not to. Too much killing. I decided to mastermind a better plan. One to make the Sainted Saint drop out. It was fairly easy. Put my own idiot nephew in your nosy little friend's office to distract him. Pay to send that obnoxious reporter on a cruise around the world. Pay some street thug  to break into your home and steal only what I needed. Pay another thug to find the model and plant the things tracing it back to you. It was so brilliant yet so easy. As easy as editing you into that pic. I was so happy to hear you killed yourself. Because you helped me win. I don't care how you survived."

The gun still pointed at Matt , Baldwin's hand tightened on it.

" I don't care because you'll still be dead. Get up. We're taking a walk. Only I'll be the only one coming back. "

Matt stayed sitting. " I don't think so," he said as he smiled the smile of a bitter man. " You got it all , Theo ?"

Theo stepped from the closet in Baldwin's office. He was holding his cell phone as it recorded everything. " I think so. You have a big mouth, Baldwin, and you lose. "

B.J. snarled as he turned on Theo with the gun just as his door opened and in rushed Meg Rhodes with two uniforms behind her. All pointing their guns at Baldwin.

" If I was you I'd drop the gun , Mr. Baldwin," Meg Rhodes said. " Bean Counter here is right. You talk too much. And now you're going to be talking to me. "