24|| Do you love her?

Aariz's POV: 

"Is she gonna be okay?" asked Suman. I've been known for treating any kind of poisioning but never have I ever felt scared or doubted my methods of treatement. But today watching Mishka being the one whom I need to save is making me nervous and scared at the same time. 

"I don't know Mahjabeen (moon faced beauty). This is the first time I'm not sure whether I'll be successful or not, I don't want her to die either but this.... this is a very dangerous poison which could kill her even after me trying my best." I said speaking out loud knowing she's the one who'll get hurt the most if something happened to Mishka. 

The moment my words were out I could hear her muffled cries, not even letting me know how much she was getting affected. I've known Mishka for several years and along with her I've known Suman quite well too. 

I gently applied the organic paste I had prepared from all the medicinal leaves to help her reduce the inflamation and siezures. The cold water had helped a lot with calming her senses down and lowering the blood pressure but it was still not enough to declare her out of danger anytime soon. 

"Suman!" I called with a sigh only to get a "Hmm" in response. 

"Kya Rajvardhan humari Mishka ka ache se dhyan rakhte hain?" 

"Does Rajvardhan take good care of Mishka?" I asked even after knowing the answer that he failed protecting his own wife from the people who almost succeeded in their task of killing her. 

"Itna jaante hain ke Mishi khush hain iss vivah se, Maharani usse bahut pyaar kartin hain bilkul apni beti ki tarah, aur uske devar... ve to sab use maa ka darja dete hain." 

"From what I know Mishi is happy in this marriage, the queen loves her like just like she's her own daughter, and her brother-in-laws.... they treat and respect her like a mother figure in their lives." she said with tears in her eyes and smile on her face. A very confusing combination but the most beautiful expression at the same time. 

"Bhagwaan hi jaane kon humari Mishi ko maarna chahta hai!"

"God knows who wants to kill our Mishi!" Suman said in between hiccups which were now getting worse due to her constant crying. I immediately signalled for bringing in the water for her to drink and calm herself down. 

"Well there's one I know for sure would like to kill her!" I said staring into her eyes and watching them turn wide with realisation. 

"No.... I don't think so. I mean... no no no she wouldn't" she said whisper screaming to herself. 

"Why not? This wouldn't be the first time for her to not conspire her death though!" I said with a sigh and turning to look at my Mishi, laying unconcious on the bed. 

"You can't be sure! she lives way too far away to conspire such act and that too in the presence of the great Rathores." 

"Hum yeh nahi keh rahe ke insabke piche unka haath hai parantu unhe nazar andaaz kar dena humari bhul ho sakti hai"

"I'm not saying that she's the one behind all of this but not even suspecting her might become our biggest mistake" I said before standing up and walking towards the other side of the bed and apply the neem paste on Mishi's arm to keep her body cool. 

"Suman Baisa, apko Daai Maa rasoi ghar main bula rahin hain" 

"Suman Baisa, Daai maa is calling you in the kitchen" one of the maid announced and she stood up to go when I reached out to hold her hand in mine. 

I gently pulled her towards me and she stumbled a little before catching herself from falling on me. "What are you doing Aariz?" she said in surprise, her breaths getting deep and heart beating a little faster than usual.