30|| Suman behind all of this?

Rajvardhan POV: 

Smoke filled the area from all directions, our chamber where we once found solace with Mishka engulfed in flames before our very eyes. It was a total chaos, maids and guards were rushing in and out with gallons of water to stop the fire from spreading further. 

For a moment, it felt like I couldn't hear anything at all, a strange beep echoing in my ears. Even in such chaos, everything seemed eerily calm, with only the roaring flames breaking the silence. I didn't even realize I was frozen in place like ice, but when I did, a sudden fear gripped me—was Mishka okay?

"Mishka" I shouted in panic only to find my wife frozen in her spot as well. My voice might have broken the haze because she shifted her focus towards me and the moment our eyes met, I became furious. 

I walked closer before taking her into my arms and whispering her to not worry. Her body shook a little and I felt my kurta getting soaked from her tears. 

"Mujhe maaf kar dijiye Hukum, humari wajah se yeh sab ho raha hai. Humari wajah se sabko itni taklif uthani pad rahi hai, apko hume nahi bachana chahiye tha."

"Please forgive me, Hukum, all of this is happening because of me. Everyone is suffering because of me, you should have let me die." Mishka's entire body was trembling as if she was feeling cold. Her voice cracking from all the crying, she felt vulnerable in my arms and the urge to protect her at no cost surged through my body. 

"Aisa mat kahiye Mishi, agar aap ko kuch ho gaya to hum nahi reh payenge. Hum apse wada karte hai apke gunhegaar ko hum zaroor dhundke layenge apke samne fir apko unhe jo saza deni ho woh dijiyega" 

"Don't say that, Mishka. If anything were to happen to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I promise you, I will find your culprit and you can decide their fate." I promised her and made a mental note to not spare the culprit at any cost. 

 "Raj, aap humare saath chaliye. Aur Devi aap Mishka ko leke humare kaksh main jayiye, unki sehat abhi bhi thik nahi hai unhe araam karwaye aur aap bhi araam kare. Senapati, humare kaksh ke bahar kada paehra hona chahiye, Maharani aur rajkumari dono ko kisi bhi chiz ki zarurat ho to aap pehle swayam jaanch padtaal karenge fir hi unhe denge. Ek galti aur hum apka sir dhad se alag karne main ek pal bhi nahi sochenge!" 

"Raj, you need to come with me. And Devi, take Mishka to our chamber, her health is still not stable, make sure she rests, and you too. Senapati, you should stand guard outside our chamber. If the Queen and the Princess need anything, you will personally inspect it first and then provide it to them. One mistake, and I won't hesitate to remove your head from your shoulders!" My father ordered in his kingly manner and I swear he meant each and every words he spoke just now, even slaughtering the royal guard's head. 

"Aao Mishi, thoda sa aram karlo aur yeh sab pe itna dhyan mat do. Mata Rani ki kripa se sab thik ho jayega, apna himmat na tutne dena bas." 

"Come, Mishka, take some rest and don't worry about all this. Everything will be fine with the grace of the Mother Goddess, just don't let your courage falter." My mother tried to console Mishi but I guess last few days were crashing hard and fast on her. 

"Suman, jayiye aur ek acha gungune pani se Hamam tayar kriye Mishi ke liye. Aur ho sake to Hamam ke pani main Babuni patra aur Namak daal den, isse unki thakawat aur dard dur ho jayega!" 

"Suman, go and prepare a nice warm bath for Mishka. If possible, add chamomile leaves and Sea salt to the bathwater, it will help alleviate her fatigue and pain!" I heard Aariz giving instructions to Suman before she ran towards my parents chamber to do the same. 

I never imagined that I would shake hands with an Afghani Sultan, but after the help Aariz has provided, this relationship is now not just between a Sultan and a King, but has become much stronger than that.