29|| Nothing but Passion

Mishka POV: 

"Aapne to hum sabko dara hi diya tha Mishi beta. Humari hi zidd thi apko akele yahan bhejne ki, apko kuch ho jata to khud ko kabhi maaf nai kar paate hum." 

"You scared us Mishi. It's all due to my stubborness of sending you alone to Jodhpur, if something would have happened to you I would have never been able to forgive myself." My monther-in-law, the Queen of Aryagarh cried while holding me tightly in her arms. 

"Maa, apki koi galti nai hai, yeh to kahin bhi ho sakta tha hume. Aap roye na... hume acha nahi lag raha apko iss tarah rote dekh." 

"Mom, it's not at all your fault, this could have happened anywhere. Please don't cry.... It doesn't feel good watching you cry like this." I said, trying to console her and make her believe that it indeed wasn't her fault. 

"From now onwards each and every meal presented to you will be tasted by the cook itself. I don't want this nightmare to every happen again in the future." Listening those words and the depth in Mom's voice filled my eyes with tears of love and happiness. 

I always wanted to feel loved and the queen of Aryagarh, Maharani Sridevi never leaves an opportunity to show her love towards me. And it's not only the Queen, but the entire family has proved that I am not an outsider in their lives anymore. Rather I'm the daughter they always wanted. 

"Yeh dekh rahe hain aap Pitaji, Maa ne to thaan li hai ke bhabhi maa ko akele nai chodengi. Dekh lijiye bhaiya kahin aane wali raatein apko humare ya pitaji ke kaksh main na bitani pade! Matlab humara farz banta hai apko aagah karna baki apke aur maa ke beech ki baat hai..." 

"You are witnessing this, Father. Mother has vowed to not leave Bhabhi Maa alone. Look, brother, make sure you don't have to spend the upcoming nights in mine or maybe father's room! It's my duty to warn you, but the rest is between you and mother..." Yuvraj teased Hukum only to shut immediately after a very scary look from my husband. To further mock him, Yuvraj pretended to zip his mouth shut before sprinting a bit farther from Hukum's reach. 

"Aap to chup hi rahein to behtar hoga. Ek kaam to dhang se kar nahi paate, hume khabar tak nahi pahunchai ke humari Mishi bimaar hain. Aaye bade, Huh!" 

"It's better if you remain silent. You can't even do one task properly, you didn't even inform us that our Mishi is unwell. Acting all high and mighty, huh!" Mom scolded Yuvraj, only to find him pout like kid. 

"Maharani ji agar apni bahu se baat ho gayi ho to zara apne bete ho bhi unke paas baithne ka mauka dijiye. Aur aap humare saath chaliye hume apki sahayeta ki zarurat hai." 

"Your Majesty, if you've finished talking to your daughter-in-law, please give your son a chance to sit beside her and talk. And you, please join me, I need your help." Father said before taking Maa's hand in his and walking outside the chamber along with Yuvraj behind him. It was now just me and Hukum alone in the chamber and after the kiss I was feeling too nervous too even look into his eyes. 

"How are you feeling now? Have you eaten your food?" Hukum asked before taking over the place where Maa was sitting a few minutes ago, which meant he was sitting very close to me. 

"Ji" 

"Yes" that was all I could reply that too with a hint of a slight tremble in my voice. I don't know why I always feel intimidated by his presence. 

"Would you like to go for a walk with me? Only if you are able to!" Hukum suddenly asked breaking through the silence. 

"Ji" 

"Yes" I replied again without looking towards him. 

"Hume apne shabd dijiye Mishka, apki awaaz sunne ko taras gaye the, aur aap sirf ji bolengi to hume lagega ke aap humse naraaz hain. Hain kya aap naraaz humse?"