32|| Some Secrets are Painful

Rajvardhan's POV: 

I woke up feeling too hot and partially opening my eyes I found the source of heat, my dear wife Mishi. She was partially draped over my bare chest, her arm resting possessively across my torso, her leg entwined with mine & somehow entirely engulfing me. And let's not talk about her leg which was just a few inches lower than my midriff by god's grace. Her hold over my torso was strong as if she was scared I would just vanish in the morning. 

As the first light of dawn began to filter through the sheer curtains, the room started to bathe in a gentle, golden hue. I tried to lay still, my head propped up on one arm now, while my other arm automatically reaching towards Mishi. 

My arm gently cradling her... who by the way! was sleeping peacefully. The warmth of her body against mine sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine. The soft rise and fall of her breath matched the rhythm of my own, creating a silent, intimate harmony. Her warm inhale and exhale over my chest was giving me a tingling sensation along with a feeling I have never felt before marrying her. 

I couldn't help myself from not looking at her delicate features, her breath steady and soft. Her hair, a cascade of silk, spread across the pillow, and a few strands rested lightly against my bare chest. Her lips, slightly parted, tempting me with their softness, and me trying very hard to resist the urge of leaning in and kissing her for fear of waking her from this perfect moment.

My fingers lightly traced patterns on her bare shoulder, marveling at the smoothness of her skin. The blanket had slipped down slightly, revealing the curve of her back and the gentle swell of her hip pressed against mine. Every curve of her body, pressed against mine, ignited a deeper sense of intimacy and longing. The scent of her, a mix of lavender and the herbal paste I used last night on her back, filled my senses, making my heart swell with love.

Every detail of this moment was etched in my memory—the way her hand resting lightly on my chest, her fingers curled as if she had claimed me even in her sleep. I never imagined myself being claimed by someone but right now... in this moment all I want is to get claimed by her, in private and public as well, letting the world know whom I belong to! 

The way her body molded perfectly against mine, as though we were two pieces of a puzzle that fit seamlessly together. It was still dark outside with a hint of rays peeking out of the clouds. I could hear the faint rustle of the curtains swaying with the early morning breeze, a whisper that seemed to say all was well in their world.

As I continued to watch her sleep under the dim lit room, I softly whispered, "I love you," knowing that she couldn't hear me. I finally leaned down slightly, ofcourse after so much of resistence, brushing my lips against her forehead in a kiss so soft it was barely a touch. 

She stirred just a little, a sigh escaping her lips, and her arm tightened around me instinctively, drawing us even closer. She's deifinitely trying to kill me in her sleep by teasing me and being so so damn close!  

'One more kiss won't harm anyone right?' I asked myself before giving in to the resistence and once again leaning forward only to gently kiss on her lips instead of forehead like before. I guess I was wrong though, this time she stirred and her eyelashes fluttered open to reveal eyes that glistened with love and sleep. Our gazes locked, and in that moment, words were unnecessary. 

I tilted my head a little, bringing my lips closer to hers, only to touch her cheeks since she turned herself a little. 

"Hukum, subah ki sans, mera matlab hai humne to abhi manjan bhi nahi kiya hai isliye..." 

"Hukum, morning breath, I mean, I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, so..." she tried to justify her act and slowly pushing herself away from myself. 

"Nahi nahi apko kuch bhi kehne ki zarurat nahi hai, humne socha hi nahi ke apko Asahaj hogi. Maafi chahte hain."