34|| Emotional Day

Rajvardhan POV: 

I had no idea that Mishi knew about the whole "her not being able to conceive" situation, and since I didn't want to upset her further with the conversation, I tried to hug her and console the broken part of us.

If you had asked me a few years ago about wanting children of my own, I would have laughed and denied it. But now, after marrying this very beautiful and intelligent woman, I'm all in for having a bunch of kids with her. As she mentioned before, I would always choose a beautiful little girl just like her mother and a boy like me—strong and quick-witted to protect his sister from the darkness of the world and treat her like the princess she will be.

"Hukum, hum jaante hain itni aasani se khushiyaan nahi milti hai kisiko. Jiss din apse vivah kiya uss din humne kabhi nahi socha tha ke apke prem ke kaabil bhi ho payenge. Parantu aaj jab aap hum prem bhari nazaron se dekhte hain, chhute hain aur humari har chizon ko izzat dete hain, usse itna to hume yakin hai ke humari sari mushkilein dur ho jayengi agar aap humare saath rahe to!" 

"Hukum, I know that happiness does not come easily to anyone. The day I married you, I never thought that I would be worthy of your love. But today, when you look at me with those loving eyes of yours, touch me with delicacy, and respect everything about me, I am confident that all our troubles will fade away as long as you are by my side!" Mishi said with tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. I knew those were happy tears, but still, seeing her eyes damp stirred something raw and primal inside me—the urge to protect her and keep her safe!

She hugged me tightly, and the tears in her eyes rolled down her cheeks, dampening the fabric of my kurta and leaving a wet spot. We stayed embraced for a good five minutes, or maybe more; who's counting anyway when you have your whole world in your arms?

"Hukum, hume Vaanya ke paas jana chahiye! Hum jaante hai unhone jo kiya woh galat kiya, parantu harr maa apne bache ke khushi ke liye saare jahaan se lad sakti hai, bilkul humari Maa ki tarah!" 

"Hukum, we should go to Vaanya! I know what she did was wrong, but every mother can fight the whole world for her child's happiness, just like my mother did!" Mishi said with a sad smile. I nodded in agreement and took her delicate fingers in my hand before walking out of the chamber to see how Vaanya was. Even after what she did, I couldn't stay mad at her. She'll always be that annoying little sister to me, and her presence still matters to me.

The moment we entered the chamber where Vaanya was being treated by Aariz and our royal doctors, it was total chaos. My mother was crying in my father's arms, her eyes red from all the emotions. I could see her trembling slightly from the pain of seeing Vaanya where, just a few days ago, Mishi had been. Yuvraj stood silently near the window with an expressionless face, but his eyes were pouring out his emotions.

My brothers never enjoyed Vaanya's company; they treated her like a pest or maybe a plague, which I believe is how little sisters are often regarded. But that wasn't the sole reason for their animosity towards her. Yuvraj believed she always had a romantic inclination towards me. It was just a slight observation, but when that observation turned into hatred is something only he could explain.

Mishi was silent the whole time since we entered the room, observing everyone. She finally removed her fingers from my grasp and took small, quiet steps towards my little brother, not my mother or the patient herself. She didn't even walk towards Suman, who was finally out of prison and her drug-induced sleep. I watched her with curiosity since this was very unusual behavior for her. My eyes never left hers until she gently placed her hand on my brother's shoulder, causing his body to jerk slightly with surprise.

My brother's eyes softened; the eyes that had been glaring at Vaanya's sleeping form just moments ago softened the moment he realized it was Mishi beside him. Just as I never understood my brothers' hatred toward Vaanya, I never understood their love, respect, or perhaps care for my wife. Aaditya being her training partner, Vijay bringing her books, and Yuvraj involving her in his mischiefs—I never saw that side of my brothers, a side that completely belongs to my wife. 

In those initial days, when I found Mishi walking out of the secret garden with Aaditya, laughing at whatever he must have said, it made me feel jealous. But today I know they all treat her like a little sister and sometimes like a mother figure as well."Raj!" Aariz said breaking through my thoughts. 

"Yes!" 

"Maine Vaanya ke khoon ko to rok diya hai parantu uske zidd ke chalte hum koi bhi aisi dawa nahi de sakte hain jo uske bache ko nuksaan kare. Jiska matlab yeh hai koi bhi dard ki dawa dena mushkil hai!" 

"I have managed to stop Vaanya's bleeding, but due to her stubbornness, we cannot give her any medication that could harm her baby. This means it's difficult to give her any pain relief!" Aariz said with a worried look. Not taking pain relief meant she'd be in pain worse than what she might have felt when the arrow pierced through her skin.

I walked towards her, she was still unconcious from the pain and loss of blood.

"Vaidya Ji, inki swasthya ka pura dhyan rakhne ki zimmedari apki hai! Hum nahi chahte ke inhe aur inke hone wale bache ko koi bhi tarah ki dikkat ho. Aur jitni jaldi ho sake inki sehat sudharne ki koshish kren." 

"Vaidya Ji, it is your responsibility to take complete care of her health! We do not want her or her unborn child to face any kind of difficulty. Please make every effort to improve her health as soon as possible." I ordered and suddenly I heard my mother gasp!

"Yeh kya keh rahein hain aap Raj? Hone wala bacha? H-humari Vaanya pet se hain?" 

"What are you saying, Raj? Unborn child? Our Vaanya is pregnant?" My mother asked in surprise. I had to tell everyone one way or another, so I chose this way instead. I gave her a nod, causing her eyes to widen in shock, not wanting to believe a single word coming from my mouth.

I tried to explain the whole situation to her: how Vaanya had fallen in love with the royal guard, and then how he tried to kill Mishka and me, and almost killed Vaanya and her baby. Hearing all this, she released a sob and buried her face into my father's chest. He wrapped his arms around her lovingly, consoling her, and with a nod, he walked out of the chamber along with my mother.

While I was narrating the incident, Yuvraj slipped out of the chamber in anger with my wife running after him. I wanted to go after them but I knew it wasn't the right moment for my interference. I trust Mishi to handle him, and more importantly I trust Yuvraj of never being disrespectful towards her. 

At the moment only four of us were remaining in the room including me and Vaanya, Ariz & Suman. I walked towards Suman and she immediately lowered her gaze in respect or maybe fear. "I'm sorry, Suman for keeping you into Prison. And I promise you what happened inside, the whole drug situation won't happen again!" I said and she immediately replied 'Thank You'. 

Then I thanked Aariz for his immediate response towards Vaanya's health, before sitting beside her taking her hand in mine. Soon I was the only one in the chamber. 

"What did you do, little girl. I can never hate you for this, but I can't promise you of not hurting you by killing the man you love, who tried to not only kill me and my wife but also you and your unborn child. It's more than just attempt to murder now!" I said to her sleeping figure. 

***************************************************************

Hello Cuties ❤️❤️😍😍

I hope you'll doing well and not getting too emotional like me while reading this chapter!!

Please support me and provide me all the love.

Do comment, share and vote if you liked this chapter! and follow me to get the updates.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐