33|| Her first pleasure

Mishka POV: 

I am such a fool! Here Hukum was trying to kiss me just like the princes in my books, and what did I do? Huh!! 

"You're the queen of fools, Mishi!" I said shooting fire to myself in the mirror. If anyone needs lessons on how to push someone away, they should learn that from me.

"Now Hukum won't even dare to come near me" I whimpered before sagging down on the dressing chair. I had just came out of the Hamam and was wrapped up in a towel because well I was so engrossed in cussing myself that I forgot to bring in clothes. 

The sun had yet to rise and it was still a bit of darkness outside, hence I didn't want to disturb the maids, just because I wanted to take a bath so early in the morning to wash off my stupidity. 

I started to chant my morning prayers while going through my clothes, I usually shift from singing out loud to humming when I'm simultaneously doing something. The vibrations of the Aum/om always makes me feel relaxed. It has that soothing effect on one's body and mind that you feel like drowing in the ocean of peace and tranquility. 

My long, wet hair cascaded down my back, leaving a trail of water on the floor as I moved. I was never so dependent on maids before getting married the crown prince of Aryagarh, now it's like I've just forgotten to do my basic routine. My fingers rifled through my wardrobe hastily, searching for the clothes, when suddenly, the door burst open.

My Husband, Prince Rajvardhan Rathore, rushed in, his face a mask of panic. "Mishka, are you—" His words faltered and I immediately raised my head to look in the mirror, as he very slowly took in the sight before him. His eyes widened, and I could feel his breath getting caught in his throat. And there I stood, dripping wet and wrapped in nothing but a towel. 

Humari nazre Hukum par se jaise hatne ka naam hi nahi le rahin hon. Shishe ki aad main humari nazre unki honthon pe jaa giri jinhe aaj hum apni hi galti ki wajah se sparsh tak nahi kar paye.

My eyes seemed unable to look away from Hukum. In the reflection of the mirror, my gaze fell upon his lips, which today, because of my own mistake, I couldn't even touch.

When I realised I was undressed and totally lusting over my husband, I turned with a startle to face him, my cheeks definitely flushing a delicate pink. The towel wrapped around me, slipped slightly, revealing more of my skin, bare shoulder most specifically. "Hukum, what's wrong?" I asked, my voice a mix of surprise and concern.

For a moment, Hukum stood speechless, his eyes locked on mine, the tension palpable in the air. He took a step forward, and I could feel his panic dissipating, replaced by an intense, magnetic pull towards me. His walk felt like a predator about to jump on his prey, and that's what I was in that particular moment, a good and easy prey.

"I—" he began, but he uttered nothing else for a moment. Instead, he closed the distance between us, his hand reaching out to gently brush a damp strand of hair from my face. "I was worried about you," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

My heart raced, both from his touch and the raw intensity in his eyes. I placed a hand on his chest, feeling the rapid beat of his heart beneath my palm. "Why? I am right there where you left me. In your arms," I murmured, my voice barely audible.

Hukum's fingers traced the edge of the towel, his gaze never leaving mine. "You look..." He paused again as if searching for the right word, but none seemed adequate. Instead, he leaned in, his lips brushing against mine in a kiss that was both tender and passionate. 

The kiss I never knew I was craving since morning. I didn't realise how affected I felt by denying my husband that one kiss. 

I melted into his embrace, I could feel the towel slipping further as I wrapped my arms around him, the rest of the world fading away. In that moment, nothing else mattered but the warmth of his touch and the love we shared.