10. Obsession

In William's study room, the morning sun streamed through the large windows, casting a warm glow over the desk and leather-bound books that lined the shelves. William, dressed in a tailored suit, glanced at the watch, his brow furrowing with concern.

William called out to the butler who stood by the door, "I have an important meeting at the office this morning. I'll need to leave shortly."

Listening to this, the butler nodded attentively. "Of course, sir. Should I inform Mrs. Amelia about this?"
Yes," William replied, a touch of urgency in his voice. "And ensure she has everything she needs."

"Consider it done, sir," the butler assured him with a respectful bow before exiting the room.

Amelia rubbed her eyes as she stumbled into the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee enticing her senses. She glanced around, half-awake, and spotted the butler, polishing silverware at the counter.

Amelia: "Good morning. Have you seen William?"

"Good morning, madam. Mr. William left for the office early this morning. He had a meeting scheduled."

Amelia frowned, her mind still foggy from sleep.

Amelia: "A meeting? He didn't mention it last night."

"I believe it was a last-minute arrangement, madam. Is there anything I can assist you with?"

Amelia shook her head, a slight feeling of disappointment creeping in.

"No, thank you. I'll just have some coffee."

                               ~~~

William sat in his dimly lit office, the glow of his laptop illuminating his determined expression. His eyes were fixed on the live feed from the home security camera, where Amelia, his wife, was seen sipping her morning coffee and engaging in conversation with the butler.

As he watched her through the lens, a sinister smirk slowly crept across his lips. He leaned forward, his fingers tapping on the keyboard with calculated precision. The screen flickered as he accessed various security features, manipulating them to his advantage.

Meanwhile, on the screen, Amelia's voice echoed faintly through the speakers as she chatted with the butler. Her image was crystal clear, her every movement captured by the camera's lens. But to William, she seemed oblivious to the web of deceit he was weaving around her.

"You're quite the charmer, aren't you, my dear?" William wishpered under his breath, his eyes glinting with malice as he observed her every gesture.

Amelia laughed at something the butler said, her laughter tinkling like chimes in the empty room. But William's smile twisted into something darker, something predatory, as he saw her laughing In front of another man.

                                 ~~~

Amelia sat alone at the dining table, bathed in the soft glow of candlelight, a spread of food untouched before her.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and William stepped into the room, his figure silhouetted against the dimly lit corridor. He paused, taking in the sight before him - his beloved wife, waiting patiently for his return.

A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he approached her. Gently, he reached out, his fingers trailing over her silken locks as he stood behind her chair.

"I like it when you are so obediently waiting for me," he whispered, his voice low and intimate, carrying a hint of obsession.

As he leaned down to press a tender kiss on her head. Amelia's heart fluttered at his touch, a rush of affection flooding her senses. She turned to meet his gaze, her eyes reflecting the love and devotion she held for him.

With a soft sigh, William pulled out the chair beside her, settling in close as they shared a meal in the quiet intimacy of the night.

Amelia savored each bite of the delicious meal prepared by the butler. "This is incredible" she exclaimed.

As she continued to heap praises upon the culinary skills of the butler, William's mind drifted into a dark reverie. In his imagination, he saw himself lunging across the table, snatching the spoon from Amelia's delicate fingers, and driving it into her hand with a force fueled by his envy and frustration. The scene played out vividly in his mind, each detail etched with a disturbing clarity.

Just as William was lost in the depths of his malevolent fantasy, he was abruptly brought back to reality by the sound of Amelia's voice calling his name. "William, are you alright?" she inquired, her concern evident in her tone.

Startled, William blinked rapidly, shaking off the remnants of his sinister daydream. "Yes, yes, I'm fine," he stammered, forcing a strained smile onto his lips as he hastily composed himself. "Just lost in thought for a moment there."

""Well, try this food, William," she said warmly. "There's plenty more for you to try."

Relieved to be pulled back from the brink of his dark imaginings, William continued eating while making a conscious effort to push aside the unsettling images that had plagued his mind moments before.

"Amelia, I've noticed you've become quite familiar with the butler," he began, his tone slightly disapproving.

Amelia looked up, a gentle smile playing on her lips. "Yes, well, he is a really knowledgeable person , and even in his old age, he still manages his duties impeccably."

William's frown deepened. "He may be a trusted employee, but he is still our servant. It's important to maintain a certain distance."

Amelia's smile faltered, a hint of hurt flashing in her eyes. "But he's more than just a servant, William. He's been loyal to this house for decades."

Sensing her discomfort, William attempted to manipulate her. "Of course, my dear. But as the lady of this house, you must uphold a certain decorum. It wouldn't do for others to see you too familiar with the staff."

Amelia's shoulders stiffened, her tone tinged with sadness. "I understand my role, William.

"Perhaps we should discuss this further later," William suggested, attempting to diffuse the sudden tension.

                                 ~~~

The room was bathed in the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the curtains, William lay on the bed, his figure outlined by the dim light, while Amelia rested beside him.

As William spoke, his voice was low and measured, "Whatever I said is for your own good," he murmured, his words hanging heavy in the air. "You are not angry with me, right?"

Amelia turned her head to look at him, her eyes reflecting the faint light "No, I am not," she replied, her voice soft and acquiescent. "I know I still have to learn a lot."

Her words were filled with a sense of obedience, a willingness to trust in William's intentions despite any doubts that may have lingered in her mind. She believed in him, in his guidance.

"I promise I will be the lady of this house that you will be proud of," she continued, her voice carrying a note of determination. "I will work hard to make you proud."

As Amelia spoke, William's lips curled into a smirk, his eyes gleaming with a sinister glint. Her innocence, her unwavering trust, was like a ripe fruit ready for the plucking. She was so naive, so easily manipulated, and he reveled in it.

"Of course, my dear," he said, his voice dripping with false sincerity. "I have no doubt that you will make me very proud indeed."

As they lay there in the darkness, William's smirk widened, his plans already set in motion, while Amelia remained blissfully unaware of the danger lurking just beneath the surface.