13. Apology

As thunder rumbles outside, Amelia lies on her bed, tears falling down her cheeks. She's exhausted, mentally and emotionally drained.

"Where did things go wrong ?" she whispers to herself, her voice barely audible over the sound of rain pounding against the window.

The lightning illuminates her darkened room, casting eerie shadows across the walls. Each flash briefly reveals the turmoil going in her heart.

"I just wanted to be loved," she murmurs, her words choked with emotion. "I'm so tired of everything."

As another thunder shakes the room, echoing the turmoil in her heart. She curls up tighter under the covers, seeking solace in the warmth of her bed.

Amelia woke up from her sleep, her eyes feeling heavy and swollen from the tears she had shed during the night. Blinking them open, she was met with a scene that immediately caught her off guard. William, her husband, was sitting beside her, his eyes red and puffy, as he delicately applied medicine to her wrist.

Confusion and concern mingled in Amelia's mind as she watched him, unsure of what had happened while she slept. As she sat up, William glanced up, his own eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry, Amelia," he choked out, his voice filled with emotion. "Please forgive me. I hurt you badly, and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. I deserve to die for what I've done to you."

Amelia's heart clenched at his words, her mind racing to understand the depth of his remorse. She reached out to touch his trembling hand, feeling the weight of his guilt and sorrow.

"Last night why did you behave like that, William?" she asked softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Tears continued to fall down William's face as he spoke, his words tumbling out in a rush of emotion. "I love you so much, Amelia, but I let my fear consume me. When I saw you talking to Max, I let jealousy take over my judgment. I was afraid he would take you away from me, that I would lose you."

Amelia's breath caught in her throat as she realized the source of William's anguish. Max, a classmate, had unknowingly become the reason for their turmoil.

"I hurt you because of my jealousy," William continued, his voice filled with self-loathing. "I acted irrationally, and I hurt the person I love most in this world. Please, Amelia, can you find it in your heart to forgive me? I promise I'll never let my jealousy control me like that again."

Tears pricked at Amelia's eyes as she listened to William's heartfelt plea. Despite the pain he had caused her, she could see the sincerity in his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, Amelia reached out to cupped William's face in her hands, her own tears mingling with his.

"I forgive you, William," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "I understand now, and I know that your love for me is greater than your fear. We'll get through this together, I promise."

A sense of relief felt by William as he heard her words, his shoulders sagging with the weight of his guilt lifting off him. Pulling her into his arms, he held her tightly, grateful for the chance given to make amends.

                                 ~~~

The scene opens in William's office. He sits at his desk, engrossed in work, occasionally stealing glances at the CCTV feed displaying Amelia.

With intense look William murmured she is so beautiful that's why I had to keep my eyes on her all the time.

Before he can continue watching, there's a knock on the door.