30. Miscarriage

Listening to William's words, Amelia's heart raced. "Please don't talk like this," she stammered.

"But," William interrupted her in the middle, his expression menacing as his gaze bore into hers. "You know what, Amelia? I despise this child. I wish this child would-"

Before he could finish, Amelia's hand connected with his cheek in a resounding slap. Shock filled William's eyes. In anger, he grabbed her by the hair and dragged her into the bedroom.

Than William removed his belt, and Amelia's panic intensified. "No, William," she begged. "Please."

"No," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "You need to be punished."

"I'm sorry, William," Amelia pleaded, fear in her eyes. "I didn't mean it. Please don't hit me."

But he was relentless. As he raised the belt, Amelia's survival instincts kicked in. She caught his hand, struggling to free herself. William's frustration grew, and he pushed her, causing her to fall to the wooden table.

Amelia screamed. "Help me please I beg you William."

William knelt beside her, his eyes widening as he saw the blood. He cradled her body in his arms. "Why did you struggle so much?" he whispered, tears streaming down his face. "You should have just let me punish you ."

                                  ~~~

William stood in front of the hospital corridor, his heart pounding, waiting for the doctor to emerge from the emergency room.His wife, Amelia, had been in the emergency room for hours, and he couldn't shake the anxiety that clung to him.

Finally, the door swung open, and the doctor stepped out. William's breath caught in his throat. "How is she?" he asked, his voice barely audible.

The doctor's face softened. "Your wife is fine,"She's resting now."

Relief washed over William, and he sagged against the wall. But then the doctor's next words were . "I'm sorry," the doctor continued, "but we couldn't save your child."

William blinked, and he had a smirk on the corner of his lips. His child-his son or daughter-was gone. But he felt nothing. No pain, no remorse. It was as if the news only gave him relief.

                               ~~~

Amelia lay motionless in the hospital bed, her eyes empty and devoid of tears. The weight of grief and exhaustion etched lines of sorrow across her pale face. William, her husband, entered the room. He sat beside her,with a mixture of anger and sadness. He murmured, "Why did you struggle so much?" William's voice cracked with emotion, his words tinged with frustration and anguish. "Because of your stubbornness, we lost our child."

Tears streamed down William's cheeks as he grasped Amelia's hand tightly, seeking solace in their once unbreakable bond. But this time, unlike before, Amelia didn't even look at him. Her gaze remained fixed on some distant point, lost in the abyss of her own grief.

Silence engulfed the room, broken only by the soft hum of machines and the occasional shuffle of footsteps in the hallway. Each passing moment felt like an eternity.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Amelia spoke, her voice barely a whisper yet laden with unbearable pain. "I hate you," she murmured, her words barely audible amidst the backdrop of her shattered dreams. "You are a murderer."

William's heart clenched at her words, the raw anguish in her voice tearing at his soul. He longed to reach out to her, to hold her close, and to whisper words of comfort and reassurance. But he knew that no words could erase the pain she felt.

                               ~~~

Amelia lay motionless on her bed, a mere shell of the vibrant woman she once was. Her once shining eyes now looked dull and lifeless, mirroring the emptiness she felt inside since the tragic loss of her child a month ago. The passing of each day seemed to only deepen the abyss of grief that consumed her.

As she lay there, lost in the abyss of her sorrow, a soft knock echoed through the room. The butler, stood at the door, his concern etched upon his worn face.

"Madam," he began, his voice gentle yet laden with worry, "please, you must eat something. Master will be angry if he discovers you've not taken any food again."

Amelia's gaze shifted towards the butler, her eyes betraying the torment within her soul. "I just hate my life," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "I want this miserable existence to end."

The butler's heart clenched at the raw anguish in her words. He approached her bedside, his steps measured.

"Madam, I cannot begin to fathom the depth of your pain," he said softly, his eyes reflecting the sorrow that weighed heavily upon her. "But I implore you, do not let your despair consume you entirely. Your life, as unbearable as it may seem now, still holds meaning and purpose."

Amelia's gaze drifted towards the window, where the faint light of dusk painted the sky in hues of melancholy. "What purpose is there," she murmured, her voice tinged with bitterness, "when all that I held dear has been ripped away from me?"

The butler sighed, his heart heavy with the weight of her suffering. "Your purpose lies not in the pain of the past, but in the possibility of tomorrow," he replied, his words infused with quiet resolve. "You are stronger than you realise, Madam, and though the road ahead may be filled with darkness, I believe that one day, you will find the light once more."

Amelia said nothing, her thoughts consumed by her pain.

                               ~~~

William sat in the dimly lit club, nursing his drink as James stood beside him, the music beating in the background. His expression was dark, his thoughts consumed by the turmoil within. "You know what, James? Because of that child," he muttered bitterly, his voice filled with frustration. "She told me that she hates me. I knew from the start that child would create problems between us."

James glanced at William, with fear emanating from his face. "Madam just lost her child so she must have said those things out of anger ," he replied softly, trying to reason with his master.

William's gaze remained fixed on the swirling liquid in his glass, his jaw clenched in anger. "She's still mourning the death of that unborn child," he continued, his tone filled with resentment. "It's all because of that child that she's changed."

James sighed, realizing the depth of William's bitterness.

"That unborn child couldn't even see the light of the world, and yet it's the reason for all my sufferings." He spat, his voice thick with anger.