XXI - T.M.R.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"-and then he just says 'I'm sorry' and runs off. Who does that?!"

Danica threw her head on the bar table in defeat.

"Maybe you misunderstood your relationship?" Abeforth said in a pitying tone and refilled her pint of butterbeer.

"No, look, I know that we aren't exactly best buddies, but we were improving." She sighed. "Then he starts to run off anytime the conversation touches anything related to me. It began in January, Abeforth!" she angrily furrowed her brows. "It's March now! Two damn months!"

The old man smiled to himself and turned to clean the spirit glasses.

"You seem to be very interested in this particular person." He chuckled. "Do you not have any friends?"

"Of course I do." She scoffed and crossed her arms defensively. "Everybody wants to be my friend."

Abeforth paused mid-clean, setting down the rag as he turned to face Danica.

"Fine, maybe I don't. But you wouldn't want to be friends with the people around me either. Trust me," she insisted.

"But that person isn't like them, despite you complaining to me day and night?" he inquired, his tone laced with empathy.

Danica's shoulders relaxed slightly, a flicker of uncertainty crossing her features before she shook her head, her frustration evident.

"Stop being so logical. And no, he isn't,"

Abeforth chuckled softly, pouring a bit more butterbeer into Danica's glass. His weathered hands moved with practiced ease, a comfort born from years of tending to patrons in need.

"Child, I know it must be difficult to hear this, but when someone is so important to you that you are tormented by their absence, maybe you have to take things into your own hands," he advised.

Danica considered his words carefully. She took a sip of her drink, the warmth spreading through her body.

"Why are old men always so cryptic..." she mused.

Abeforth chuckled again, a twinkle in his eye. "I'm telling you that instead of waiting for the best opportunity or the moment something magically changes, you should go and seek out what you want."

"You mean..?"

"Go, go now and find them," Abeforth urged, pulling away her empty mug.

"Now? But there's a snowstorm!" Danica protested.

"And is that more important than them?" Abeforth countered, a knowing smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Danica's face softened into a smile of realization. Screw the snow. Who cares if her shoes get wet.

"Thank you," she said sincerely, placing 2 galleons on the counter before rushing out into the snowy streets of Hogsmeade. Yet, as she stepped into the cold, she realized she didn't even know where to begin her search.

It was the weekend. Regulus could be just about anywhere. The library? No, he's reading illegal books. Too risky. The Great Hall? He's been skipping meals for weeks.