XXV - brother dearest

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"10 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!"

"Son of a bitch!" Groaned Lucius, leaning back against the Slytherin bleachers. "Fucking Meadowes. It's always a woman."

"Technically," Danica leaned closer to Malfoy, breaking her voice on the background of the Gryffindor roars, "she's a daughter of a bitch. And statistically, 6 out of 7 fuck-ups were done by Avery, so unless he's a woman..."

"Screw off, Lestrange," he angrily shrugged her off, prompting Danica to smirk in satisfaction.

The match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was in full swing. An hour had passed since the first horn was blown and the lion team was already 60 points ahead of the serpents.

"AND THERE WE HAVE IT FOLKS!" Sirius screamed into the microhorn from the announcer's booth. "ANOTHER BRILLIANT SCORE BY GRYFFINDOR'S OWN JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER! SLYTHERIN'S DEFENSE LOOKS LIKE IT'S TAKING A NAP. WAKE UP ROSIER-OOF, SORRY MINNE I WILL BEHAVE-" he wrestled for the microhorn with Professor McGonagall for the sixth time since the start of the match.

In the stands, Danica rubbed at the small green and silver stripe painted on her cheek, the tacky paint reminding her of the last time she allowed herself to care this much. It felt, uncomfortable, almost as uncomfortable as being near Malfoy. She could feel her fist itching her punching, or one of the Carrows. She wouldn't mind settling for that option either.

Her eyes drifted to the middle of the field where Regulus floated attentively next to Isabella Erikkson, the Gryffindor seeker. His eyes were fully focused, searching for the Golden Snitch in the grey Scottish sky.

"What did I miss?"

Danica turned her head to the left, where a smiling Narcissa was approaching them. Automatically, she shuffled closer to Alecto to make space between her and Malfoy for Narcissa.

"Don't worry, Cissa," Danica smiled back. "We might be a bit behind Gryffindor, but we haven't lost yet."

"Maybe if you weren't off doing who-knows-what," sneered Licius with full venom in his voice, "you'd actually know what the hell is happening."

"Hey, watch your mou-"

"I'm sorry," Narcissa cut Danica off. Danica saw her smile waver, but she kept her composure and sat down next to Lucius, leaning closer to his arm. "I was just talking to Fawley. Her family owns a rare Moondew Lily field, and she let us fave some for our wedding."

Narcissa's smile faded. "But the wedding is next year."

A chill ran down Danica's spine. Not the good type. One that makes your bones shudder uncomfortably. She hadn't realized just how much time they've wasted, how little they have left.

She needs to talk to Narcissa.

"Let's just watch the match," Danica suggested, forcing on a smile.

"You sure are excited about watching it, huh?" Amycus, seated next to his sister, smirked. "Having the perfect view of both your past and current plaything, all in different flavors. A rare opportunity," he snickered.

"Rare?" Alecto snickered along. "I'm sure it's not the first time she's had a go at them at the same time."

Danica turned her gaze to her right to look at them, cold and pitying. "Considering that such an idea has never occurred to me, it makes me wonder what sort of sordid fantasies you indulge in to even come up with such a thought."

Alecto scoffed. "You're just evading as always."

"I merely assumed," Danica said, smoothly, "since you have a vivid example before you."