XXIII - 1.2.3.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

In April, the Hogwarts grounds underwent a transformation as winter relinquished its hold. The snow melted, revealing patches of damp earth and emerging greenery. The air was crisp with the promise of spring.

The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the castle and its surroundings.

Regulus lay atop his robes, which served as a makeshift blanket on the fresh grass, his uniform blazer cast aside and his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He gazed at Danica with a soft smile, the warmth of the spring sun illuminating his features. His hand rested gently on the curve of her waist.

"Why are you poking my nose?" he chuckled, a playful glint dancing in his grey eyes as he watched her. Danica lay beside him, propped up on her elbow, as she leaned closer to him.

With a grin, she reached out and lightly tapped the tip of his nose.

"I'm counting your freckles. They're kinda distracting."

With a gentle smile, Regulus leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her jawline. "Oh really?" he murmured, his lips brushing against her skin.

"Yeah," Danica giggled.

Regulus's lips trailed along Danica's neck, planting soft kisses that elicited gentle giggles from her. Each tender touch sent shivers down her spine, and she squirmed slightly under his affection, feeling ticklish yet utterly delighted.

Regulus continued to pepper her neck with kisses, his lips curving into a smile. He savored the sound of her laughter, relishing in the moment.

As he leaned in, his heart filled with adoration, he longed for just one more kiss from Danica's lips.

"Not so fast," she pressed a paper envelope against his mouth, pulling his face into a frown. "We have an invitation."

Regulus rolled his eyes in slight annoyance, feeling a twinge of rejection, but as always, his curiosity got the best of him. He took the envelope from Danica's hand. Turning it over in his fingers, he examined it before raising an eyebrow at her.

It was the same kind of envelope she'd receive on a monthly basis. Quality paper, green at the brim, and a large Lestrange crest atop the wax stamp. Except the wax was in gold this time.

"Oh?" Regulus looked at her, finally catching on.

"Mhm." She nodded. "I've already opened it. You can read it."

Regulus glanced at Danica once more for confirmation, then pulled out the folded piece of paper from the already ripped-open envelope. He carefully unfolded it, his eyes moving along the lines a few times before widening in surprise.

"You should be getting an invitation soon as well," said Danica.

Regulus shook his head in disbelief. "I didn't think they'd actually go through with it. I mean... Bellatrix and your brother..." he trailed off.

"A horrid couple," she agreed, shaking her head. "But it's good news for us!"

"...yes?", Regulus frowned, pretending to understand which only made Danica smile even more.

"It means that we will see each other this summer. At their wedding."

Painfully groaning, he buried his head into the crook of Danica's neck and wrapped his arms around her waist tightly. It was an odd reaction, but Danica hugged him back nonetheless.

"I thought you'd be happy?" she asked, her voice laced with amusement.

Regulus lifted his head slightly, peering up at her from under her chin, pouting, so that she had to look down at him.  "Of course I am," he murmured. "but I feel like I would die without seeing you for a whole month."