I like you a lot

Lexi's pov
Watching a group of friends walking together and having fun reminds me how good friends we were, how we spent our days together and how fun and enjoyable it was. But then came the feeling of envy and hypocrisy.
And the worst part is that most people are already like that. That's why there are no real friends or anyone you can trust.

Entering school I didn't feel like the popular girl. I felt like a normal teenager who came to school because it was his duty.
All the eyes on me made me feel uncomfortable, especially those who were ready to take me for dessert.

To get away from those looks, I went to my locker and pretended to be looking for something there.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder.
"Hi Lexi" the voice entered my ears and I felt goosebumps all over my body.
"Hi Andrew"

I turned around and saw that he was wearing a sweatshirt with our school's logo on it.
"Oh they got you on the volleyball team?"
"Yup"
He is very good in volleyball so I'm not surprised they got him on the team.

"There's a volleyball match on Friday, are you going to play?"
I asked Andrew.
"Mhm"
he paused to check me out. He bit his lip and spoke.
"Do you want to go out tonight?"
He tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear and gently caressed my cheek as he waited for an answer.
"Ok..where do you want to go?"

"In the park. Where we were going before"

His lips formed a small smile.
The bell rang and we had to go to class.
"I'll see you at six"
I started walking to class and Andrew said "I can't wait" he smirked.

........

I haven't stopped thinking about him all day. I haven't stopped thinking about our date, how we will spend a good time together. I feel good around him, I feel like I'm at home.

I put on gray pants, a gray top and my black Prada jacket.
Walking towards the park, I could feel my heart beating madly. It's not like this is our first date, but I'm nervous around him.
I breathed in calmly when I arrived at the park and headed to the bench where we always sat before.

I saw him there looking at his phone and looking around for me.
When our eyes met Andrew stood up from the bench and watched me approach him with a smile.

When I reached him I gave him a big hug.
I smelled the sweet smell of his cologne.
There was something between us tonight.
There was tension.
Andrew was more touchy with me. I caught him looking at my lips more often. And there was something in his look.
He was looking at me in such a way that inside I was just going crazy.

"How's the volleyball team doing?"
I don't even know where this question came from. The silence was awkward and I had to say something.
"Everything is fine there.
How's the cheerleading going?"
He kept looking at me with that look and I don't know how much longer I could last.

"Everything is fine there"

We both looked into each other's eyes without saying anything.
Andrew was leaning on the bench. He slowly came closer to me and now he was closer to my face and my lips..
"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"
as he said that he gave me a quick kiss on the lips.
"Hmmm I think I heard it but I'm not sure. Tell me again"

he giggled and our lips touched again.
This time the kiss was longer. I could also taste his lips. They tasted like cherries, juicy and sweet. Suddenly I found myself on Andrew's lap. Our passionate kisses heated up. We both craved a breath of fresh air, but something in each other drew us in and kept us going.

Andrew stopped kissing me for a moment and looked into my eyes.
We took a breath and Andrew began to speak.
"I like you a lot Lex"
He looked at me with his bewitching gaze, in which I now saw hope that I felt the same way about him.
"I really like you too Andrew"

he smiled. He was so happy he started hugging and kissing me.

.........

Later he took me home. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I couldn't stop thinking about him tonight. He even appeared in my dreams.