Goodbye

Lexi's pov
Sometimes I told myself that I don't deserve my life to be this good.
I have my dream boyfriend, good friends, good grades, everyone likes me and I tell myself that I don't deserve it. I don't know why, but I just think that I am not such a good person to have such a peaceful and nice life.
But sometimes I also tell myself that my life shouldn't be so bad. Things happened to me that destroyed me mentally. But Andrew was always by my side and he tried to make me feel good and proved to me that sooner or later everything falls into place.

Andrew's friends, me and my girlfriends were in the hallway talking. I was standing next to Andrew, who had wrapped his arms around my waist, I was leaning my head on his chest and hugging him.
I feel calm and safe when I'm with him.

"Yo Andrew, aren't those your parents?"
said Sam pointing to a man and a woman dressed in fancy clothes, wearing sunglasses and walking briskly towards us.

I have never met them. I was a little worried.
"Hello kids! Andrew you should come with us."

His mother took his hand. However, Andrew pulled his hand out of her grasp.
"If you can't see I'm busy with my friends"
Andrew rolled his eyes.

"Andrew start walking before we made a scene here!"
His father ordered. Andrew rolled his eyes again and walked away with them.

They headed to the principals office.
I began to consider what they might be for. The one is for the fight yesterday. The rest could be anything!
I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Natalie say my name.
"Lexi! Andrew came out of the principal's office!"

I looked ahead and saw him looking down but he wasn't coming back to us instead he kept walking with his parents.

I had to find out what was going on.
I ran to him and stopped him.
"Andrew what's up?"
I could see sadness and a trace of anger in his eyes.
"I'll see you later Lex. I have to go home with my parents right now."

I hugged him and he left.
I've been worried about Andrew all day. You don't look too happy after you don't leave the principal's office. He hasn't called or texted me since this morning. And now it's night outside. It's almost 9pm.
I gave up waiting for a message on my phone to pop up so I turned on the TV.
While I was watching a video on YouTube, Andrew texted me.
"I'm in front of your house"
I hurried down the stairs and out the front door.
Andrew was leaning against the wall. His hands were in his pants pockets and his eyes were on the door.

"Hey" Andrew said and pulled me into a warm hug.
"Hey. Why haven't you texted me all day?"
His eyes looked to the ground again.
He took a deep breath and looked back into my eyes.
"I packed my stuff."
His hands grabbed mine.
"Why? Are you going on vacation?"

I laughed a little. But I quickly realized that Andrew didn't find it funny.
His gaze shifted away from mine. I felt there was something I wouldn't like.

"I'm moving to another city Lex."
His eyes filled with tears and so did mine. Just when my life was on the mend and I was feeling happy, a bomb dropped and ruined everything again.

"How come? Why?!?"
Tears started streaming down my cheeks.
My heart was beating fast and my breathing was getting harder.
"I don't know Lex. My parents decided that I would have a better future"

I rested my head on his chest. Andrew wrapped his arms around me and tried to calm me down.
In my head I kept repeating the question "Why?", why does life have to be so difficult sometimes.

"It's gonna be okay Lex. You'll be fine without me"

Andrew released me from his grip. We kissed one last time and he turned to leave. I turned to go into the house, but at that moment Andrew called out
"Goodbye Lexi!"
I stopped for a moment and turned around.
"Goodbye Andrew."
Andrew smiled slightly and left.
I went up to my room and tried to sleep.

But how can I sleep when I know that tomorrow I won't see him, I won't hug and kiss him.
How can I sleep when the thoughts in my head are that this might be the last time I see him.