Chapter 53- No Way Out

Micah’s pov

“Drop your weapons! And hands where we can see them asshole’s”

Taking a few minutes to converse with my mate was clearly a bad decision. Or possibly, the bad decision was not following the others while we talked with her. Either way, Jace, Finn and I were currently fucked.

My hand lets go of my gun without needing to be told twice. The sound it makes when it hits the ground is one I’ll never forget. It’s not a loud sound, but a soft thud that leaves cushion as it lands. It was the sound of my doom that made it eerie. 

Only one other weapon hits the ground, but I don’t get the chance to contemplate who’s it was. My idiot best friend spins around, and starts shooting blindly. I’d like to say it was a heroic move, but when your enemy was not visible, it just makes it plain stupid. 

The return shots come back immediately, hitting their mark, unlike Jace’s. He doesn’t scream out in pain when he gets hit, but growls in frustration. He falls backwards, his gun flying out of his hands, in a matter of seconds. Finn drops down and uses his body to shield him, while I just stand here, stunned. It takes way longer than necessary to register that fact that my life long best friend had just been shot. Multiple times.

And the world's worst friend award goes to….

“The next one will go straight between his eyes. Kick the guns away, and for the last time, hands where I can see them.” The voice snarls at us.

I do as instructed, kicking all three guns away from us. My hands go on top of my head as I try to scan the area to see where they were. The sun hadn’t even remotely started to rise yet, making my task difficult.

“Micah, run.” Jace whispers while trying to push Finn off of him. “Get out of here you idiots, it’s me they want.”

Ignoring him, I finally drop down beside him to see where, and how many times he was shot. Consequences be damned, I wouldn’t let him bleed out in the middle of the woods, alone. Our enemies close in on us, not bothering to be quiet about it. One of them comes charging at us, feet hitting the ground loud enough to be heard miles away.

If only. The others would be back at the cars by now, fleeing to safety without realizing what had taken place out here. 

“Jace, contact whoever is still in wolf form,” I tell him.

“Tried that already.” He groans. 

“Step the fuck away from him.” A male says from directly behind me. Once again, I do as told. 

Leaving Jace laying on the ground felt wrong, but I had no other options. My only comfort at the moment was knowing they wanted him alive. Finn and I? That I’m not so sure about. 

“Well well well, looky here.” Kane comes over and stands directly above Jace, smirking down at him. “If it isn’t the top dog!” He kicks Jace in the leg hard enough to lift it off the ground, but my best friend doesn’t even flinch. I knew he wouldn’t give this asshole the satisfaction of crying out.

“He wants him alive, Kane. Let's figure out where the hell you hit him, and tie off the wounds.” One of the goons with Kane tells him. 

Several figures come into sight, all wearing dark clothing, and carrying weapons. They slowly approach , being extra cautious as they form a circle around us. How the hell did we not see nor smell them? The only thing I can think of, was that they were already here. Masking their scent would be easy enough, all you needed was the right shit to do it. Deer piss would work, then again so would almost any animal piss. Tea tree oil was another, although not as effective.