CH. 13/ YOU'RE HOT WHEN YOU GLARE

_________

_________

''You're crazy.''

''Yeah, so?''

You cast a worried glance to the sky up above, then back to him. Dark clouds were rolling in from the east, and it wouldn't take long for the first drops of rain to start falling. 

That, and you'd still not shaken the feeling of a presence looming around your cabin. 

''So, I'm not going to walk through a dark forest with you at night when there's a storm coming in.''

''Come on, Y/N.'' you smiled as he put his head down on the side of your windowsill. 

Something in you wanted to give in to him. 

It was horribly irrational, and it took a great deal of willpower to keep from acting upon it. 

That deep craving of the forbidden. The thrill of acting upon first impulses, and getting away with the consequences. It was the air that hung around Stu Macher, and you were so vulnerable to it. 

You gathered yourself and placed your hands firmly atop the window, sending him a look. 

''I'm going to close this window.''

Stu didn't move an inch. 

''Stu.'' You fixed him with a stare. He just smiled back at you. 

The rain fell softly on the forest floor, trickling against the windows of your cabin. 

''You know, you're hot when you glare at me like that.''

Blood rushed to your cheeks as the rain fell on his hair and shoulders. He'd moved back from the window. 

''Go inside,'' you told him, a smile overtaking your words as you closed the window and watched him retreat to his cabin. 

The smile stayed on your features when you pulled the curtain closed and changed out of your jeans into something more comfortable. Keeping away from Stu was getting harder by the day. 

As you got into bed and stared at the wooden roof separating you from the raging storm above, thunder cracking through the night, your thoughts kept wandering. 

So much had happened today. 

You were exhausted. 

Rain continued to hammer against the windows. It eased a melody into your drifting thoughts. The outline of Stu's cabin was visible through the slightly transparent curtains, sending your heart racing yet another time. 

You were so fucked. 

Everything was so confusing. 

You turned on your side. Your attraction to Stu was becoming undeniable and it had only been a week. You had to last the entire summer and that was becoming rather impossible at this rate.