2. Jab they met

Ridhima's pov

I woke up early and wished myself all the best. I took a bath and went to the temple with gauri di as nandini was tired.

I wore a simple red kurti as red is my lucky colour and I look good in traditional. I feel confident when I look good.

We went to the temple and took blessings of lord Shiva's family. Especially Ganesh ji. As we need to do his Pooja before doing any good work.

I was worried and nervous as heck. I took a cab to The Singhania's company.

I was chanting om namah shivay throughout the journy. This always helps me with my anxiety.

I reached the company and it never seems less pretty than before. Soo huge and amazing.

I gave money to the driver and went inside. I came 30 minutes beforehand as I was scared I will be late.

I went near the reception and they told me to wait near the boss's cabin. I asked them the floor number and got to know it was the top floor of the building.

I took the lift and was feeling very confident. But my fate had to ruin it.

I saw there was a women sitting in the waiting area too. I thought to strike a conversation.

But when I saw her face I got shocked. She was none other than my ex-best friend.

"Ohh look who it is, my so called orphan best friend who got selected for the interview but don't worry." she smiled sarcastically.

"You wont be selected further." they called her inside and she gave me a disgusted look and went inside.

I started breathing heavily and everything became blur before my eyes.

I sat down on the sofa and did not realise when my tears started to fall. Not now god please.

Hearing such heart wrenching things from your once best friend is painful.

Is it my fault that my parents died when I was young. I gripped the sofa tightly.

I am getting a panick attack. I tried my best to calm down but I was unable to.

"Hey, are you okay." I heard a soft deep voice.

I looked up and saw a handsome and attractive man looking at me with concern.

Woww why did he have to see me crying. Anyway do I look okay to him?.

"Y-yeahh." I managed to wishper. My hands were still shaking and tears were still falling from my eyes.

"Here." he gave me his napkin. I took the napkin and he kneeled in front of me.

"Thank you." I said in a shaky voice.

"It's okay. I heard what she said. Don't take words of such people to heart." he said while looking in my eyes.

My hands stopped shaking and I  focused on him completely. His eyes and his way of talking.

Karan's pov

I couldn't handle seeing what happened infront of me just now how could she say those things to someone.

Not happening in my office. Nahh. Never.

"I know but she was my best friend once." she said softly as if she was going to cry.

"She was probably never your friend in the past too. Such people say mean things because they know they themselves have no talent." I said and gave her a bottle of water.

She listened to me and nodded understanding my words. She drank the water.

"Now take a deep breath." She nodded.

"Breath in"

"Breath out." she opened her eyes and wiped her tears completely.

"Thank you." she said while smiling. I know it's not a real smile.

"Oh come on I did it for myself as I couldn't see such a beautiful women crying." I said.

She blushed and smiled just the way mom does. Soo cutee.

I smiled too.

"So best of luck for the interview Ms. Ridhima singh as you are the only one left." I wished her and stood up.

"How do you know my name and what do you mean by that?" She asked shocked.

"Ofcourse I will know the name of the person I am going to interview right?" I said.

"Good morning sir I am soo sorry I wasn't able to recognise you." she immediately stood up.

"Heyy calm down Ridhima, it's okay." I calmed her down.

"What do you mean by I am the only one left sir?" She asked.

"You will see that yourself Ms.Singh, get ready for the interview." I showed her a thumbs up and went inside my cabin.

Inside the cabin

"Good morning sir, myself -" I cut her off in the middle.

"Not interested. Get out of this office and while going do not forget to apologise to Ms. Ridhima." I said coldly.

"But sir she is a bitch I am telling you-"

"But with what I saw you are one too. I don't want a person who disrespects someone for no reason in my office." I said trying to keep my calm.

I am saying this on the basis of her past behaviours. But I gave her a chance because Rohit, her cousin requested me.

Her face started breaming with tears. Karma is a bitch.

"Apologise respectfully and get lost from here." I said while looking at a file.

She ran out of the cabin. Jesi karni wasi bharni.

(As you sow you must reap).