5. Lunch with him

Karan's pov

"Do you want to eat with me? It's your choice of course." I added immediately.

"Yes sir I will eat with you." she said.

"Okay. Please continue with your break and no more breaks after lunch." I said strictly.

"Okay sir, I will remember it." she said.

She smiled and went from here. I have no idea why I am behaving like this.

I just met her yesterday and don't even know if she is a good person or not.

I feel very connected to her. I need to be more careful. But she seems like a very nice person. Let's see.

I went inside my cabin and started working again. I took the files which she had checked.

She did an impressive job on the first day itself. I smiled and continued my work.

After sometime I checked the time and it was lunch.I cleared my desk and took out my lunch.

Someone knocked on the door and I knew it was Ridhima. "Come in".

She came in with her lunch box. I signalled her to sit in front of me.

"What did you bring Ridhima?" I started a conversation.

"I brought the basic dal chawal sir." She said.

"Call me sir only during working hours. Not during lunch. Call me Karan." I said while eating.

"Okay Karan. What did you bring?" She smiled.

"That's better. I brought chapati and simple potato curry" I said. She looked a little suprised.

"Anything wrong?" I asked.

"No actually I did not think you would eat chapati. I thought you eat salad and those fancy dietary foods." she said making faces.

"I eat both the foods actually. I eat a lot of varities of food and then exercise." I replied.

Everyone should do this. They should eat both salad and other foods. In this way they can enjoy life too.

"Ohh btw nice idea. In this way we can remain healthy and enjoy life as well." She said agreeing.

I think she is getting comfortable with me now. At first she was pretty nervous.

"True. Let's do one thing you can ask me any questions about myself." I said.

"Okayyy. Umm-where are you from? Why did you come to Mumbai if you are not from here?" She asked excitedly.

"I was born and bought up in rajasthan as my mother is from Rajasthan and my family came to Mumbai for business purpose." I replied.

"Oh really!!?. Even my best friend gauri di is from Rajasthan and her uncle also lives in rajasthan." she said amused.

"Ohh I had no idea about that. That's something new." I replied.

In this way she kept asking me questions and I answered with interest.

Lunch got over and she went back to her cabin.

Ridhima's pov

Karan is the only one apart from my two bffs to whom I can talk with freely.

I felt soo good talking to him today. I smiled and started doing my work.

Hours passed by and it was 6:30 pm. I went near sir with coffee. I gave him his coffee and continued my work.

I saw the time and it was 8:30 already. By far the day was pretty good. I went in sir's cabin to inform him that I am leaving.

"So how was your day Ms. Singh?" sir asked while packing up too.

"It was pretty nice sir. I enjoyed working here." I replied honestly.

"Good. It's nice that you feel comfortable here. I hope it stays the same" he smiled.

"Okay then I will take your leave sir" I said.

"Yeahh of course. Bye" he said.

I smiled and packed my things. I booked a cab and went home. I am soo happy the day went well.

I reached home and told both nandini and gauri di about my whole day.

"Doesn't he seem a little too interested in you?" Nandini asked suspiciously.

"I don't think so. He is just trying to be kind yaar " I said.

"It's actually understandable because the boss being friendly is very rare. But may be he is different." Di said.

"Maybe. Btw gauri di even he is from Rajasthan. Do you know him?" Nandu asked.

"Just because he is from Rajasthan it doesn't mean I know him. But I think chacha ji would know his family." gauri di said.

"Ohh anyway khane mein kya hai di. I am very hungry." I asked.

(What's for food?)

"Kofte and chawal." Di replied while setting plates.

"Yeahhh. It's going to be a feast today!!" I said.

Then we had dinner and went to our respective rooms. I wonder if what nandini said is true.

I mean who wouldn't want him as a boyfriend. I blushed thinking about him. He is soo attractive.

I slapped myself on my head and closed my eyes to sleep. He is way out of my league and I am just being delusional.