16. sundar chhori

Karan's pov

I heard the sound of door opening and we quickly ran to the door.

My mother entered with a wide smile as if she just met an angel. As soon as she saw us she smiled sheepishly.

My father hugged her tightly and my mother responded back. She looked at me.

I gave her an fake upset look and she held her ears and wishpered sorry. She signalled me to join the hug.

I just shook my head at her cuteness and hugged them both. What a beautiful way to start the day.

I thought as we broken the hug. But it would be more beautiful if Ridhima was here too.

She is in my thoughts all the time. I am growing more and more close to her because of working overtime.

It's been a long time since she is working with me.

We are becoming great friends. We share almost everything to each other. Yeahh guyss we work too and not just talk.

"How did it get soo late?Are you okay?You should have atleast informed us." My father asked softly.

Ohh God now I have to do the scolding part because my father is a softie for mom.

Not that I am complaining but you know still. I love them being like this.

"And why don't you take your phone along with you maa? Car bhi hai Ghar mei lekin nahi aap ko toh chal ke hi Jana hai. We were soo worried about you." I scolded.

(We have car at home so why do you walk and go)

"Sorry sorry sorry dono baap bete ko mere Dil se sorry. I will tell you why I am late only if you both settle down and eat breakfast." She said.

(I apologise both father and son from the depth of my heart)

How does she manage to know that we are hungry and did not eat breakfast which she had already prepared. Maa ki shakti.

(Power of mother)

We both smile at my mother and I kissed her on the cheek. Even papa was going to kiss her but she stopped him.

She signalled towards me shyly. I understood the problem so I went to the table to eat.

I showed my father a thumbs up and he gave me a proud smile. My mother just looked at us in disbelief.

What a dramatic family we are. I chuckled to myself and dad kissed her forehead.

They came back and my mother served us food and we ate with her happily.

"Abb toh bolo why were you late?" I asked.

(At least tell us now)

"Woh na actually mai mandir mei jaa te time ek sundar chhori se takra gai aur fir-" my mother told us the whole story.

(Actually when I was entering the temple I bumped into a beautiful girl and then-)

We are soo happy that she finally got rid of her ankle pain. I really wanna thank that person. Who is she?

"Who is that girl Ashwini? I would like to thank her." My father asked.

My mother looked at me and gave me a teasing smile. Hold on,Why is she smiling like that?

"Umm well that sundar chhori is non other than Ridhima singh." my maa said excitedly .

I looked at my mother with wide eyes and open mouth. But soon I realised that and closed my mouth.

She was the one who my mother bounded well with and cured her ankle.

A wide smile formed on my face. I really badly want to thank Ridhima. I will take a gift for her tomorrow.

I want to ask what maa thinks about her. But I should control myself because they will tease me.

"See your wish became true. You wanted to meet her right?" My father said.

"Yeahhh. She is very beautiful and kind. I just wish I had a daughter- in- law like her." my mother said while looking at me.

"Yeahh if my wife says it then it must be true. Then even I want a Daughter- in- law like her." my father said looking at me.

I chocked on air and my father passed me water while controlling his laugh.

I thought my feelings for her were growing fast. But my parents are faster than that.

"If you pray to kanhaji you will definitely get a Bahu like her." I replied while clearing my throat.

They both were literally controlling their laugh while looking at me. Cool now I am a laughing stock to them.

I just shook my head and went to my room. I could hear them burst into laughter.

But you what it's not a bad idea. I can try to do that. I thought with a smile. A shy one.

I got ready in my casuals and went out in my car to buy a gift for her to thank her.

When I informed my parents about this at first they agreed but then started teasing me. Poor me.

Author:- (obviously not financially)

Umm I wonder what to buy for her. I have no freaking idea about what to gift her.

I should not gift her something too personal.

Atleast for now. Because I am just her friend. At last I thought of going for a pretty bracelet.