21. A message

Ridhima's pov

"I just want to thank each and everyone who contributed even a little to this project. It wouldn't have been possible without your help. So let's give a round of applause for ourselves."

Everyone applauded for themselves as soon as Karan said it.

I am soo happy that the project on which we have been working on since a month has finally been completed.

"I hope we maintain it in the future too but for now it's time to party and celebrate our victory."

Everyone cheered excitedly. I just laughed looking at the atmosphere feeling amazing.

"Soo guys be ready for the party tomorrow at 9:00 pm and everyone is invited." He said and ended his speech.

Everyone thanked him and started leaving for their respective houses. Even I started walking out.

We got the project even tho the competition was soo tough. Hardwork does pay off. Everyone did a lot of hard work for this project.

"Lost in thoughts?" Karan said while walking beside me and staring at me with those dreamy eyes.

"I was just thinking about how much hardwork everyone put into this project. They definitely deserve this party." I said.

"True. It's not enough how much ever I thank everyone." He said genuinely.

He is soo nice. He never takes the credit himself and also shares gratitude to everyone involved. Uff, it's so attractive.

"How are you going home sweetheart?" He asked when we reached the cellar.

Sweetheart makes me blush every time. It's been two days since our project has completed so I went home from cab itself. But today there is a strike.

"I have no idea how will I get home." I said getting worried.

"Ofcourse I will drop you come on. It's already pretty late." He said checking his watch.

I wanted to yell okay immediately but I controlled myself. I just simply nodded.

We both went and sat in his car and he dropped me to my house.

"Go home take good rest and come to the party tomorrow fresh." He said while smiling at me.

"I definitely will take good rest. Btw same to you. Please complete your sleep of one month." I said genuinely concerned for his health.

He chuckled and nodded. We said goodbye to each other and went to our respective houses.

I am feeling soo tired right now. But what am I going to wear tomorrow at the party.

Let's just decide that tomorrow, I am just too tired.

As I was about to sleep I got a message on my phone from....

Karan's mother.

Karan's pov

I reached my house and saw my parents are still awake. Why are they not sleeping right now?

My mother came towards me and patted my back. I understood that they are awake because they wanted to congratulate me.

"Congratulations beta. I hope you prosper more in life." She said and I smiled and hugged her.

"I am soo proud of you beta. Congratulations." My father said while ruffling my hair.

I smiled and said thank you to him. My parents are the best. They always want the best for me.

"So I hope you did something to thank the employees too?" Papa asked.

"Yeah ofcourse. There is a party tomorrow with ofcourse no drinks." I said looking at my mother.

"Good. Now I was thinking to keep a havan tomorrow afternoon just for the family and my special friend." My mother said making me shock.

When did this happen?. No one even told me. I opened my mouth to protest but my mother eyed me and I shut my mouth and nodded.

Anyway I have no problem with havan. But who is my mother's special friend. Must be someone from her friends group.

"You must be tired na beta. Go and sleep, take rest. Anyway the havan is in the afternoon." My mother caressed my hair.

Why do I think my mother is acting a little suspicious. I just shrugged it off and hugged her before going to sleep.

I am in desperate need of sleep. I feel like I might die if I waste anymore time.

Author's pov

Karan's mother called someone at 10:00 in the morning. Karan was still sleeping.

"Hello beta. I am soo sorry to disturb you. I sent you a message yesterday because it would not be appropriate to call you late at night. And it would not be good if I invited you just with an text so I am calling you now."

Karan's father looked at Ashwini curiously. Wondering whom was she inviting in a family havan.

"I know you are tired but I would feel very happy if you came here. It's your choice."

"Thank you soo much beta. The timings are 1:00 pm."

"Okay then byee Ridhima. See you soon." she said and cut the call.

Karan's father looked at his wife in shock. Thinking about how smart his wife is.

"Well played Mrs. Singhania." he said after recovering from the shock.

"Thank you Mr. Singhania. your son is gonna get a big shock today." She said and they both laughed imagining his reaction.

Karan was sleeping peacefully dreaming about Ridhima not knowing his parents are about to fulfill his dream.