17. Dumb

Ridhima's pov

I am still not able to comprehend what happened yesterday.

I don't know what I was expecting from God when I asked him for a sign.

If he would have given me a negative sign I would be sad. Now that I got a positive sign I don't know what to do.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a scream.

"Ridhima pagal hai kya tu, dhyan kaha hai tera?" Nandini said while pulling my hand which was about to be cut with the vegetables.

(Ridhima are you mad? What are you thinking?)

"Haa woh sorry Mera dhyan nahi tha. Abhi dhyan se kaam karungi." I said while putting the vegetables in the kadhai.

(Sorry I was just busy thinking something. I will focus and work now)

Actually gauri di is kinda sick today so i am cooking. I know a little bit of cooking but nandini doesn't know how to cook at all.

She can cook pasta and Maggie tho. Ig it is okay for her survival. Her pasta is the best.

And I have to hurry up now as I have to go to office now. I am currently making poha.

I am also trying to avoid nandini because if she sees me she will know that something is wrong.

When I turned around I saw her looking at me suspiciously.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked while focusing on cooking.

"Beta yeh jo mujhe avoid karne ki koshish hai na tu usse chod de." she said making me look at her.

(Listen stop trying to avoid me)

"And secondly you look very lost since you came back from temple yesterday. So chup chap tell me what happened." she said while sitting on the counter.

Yaar either I am very readable or she is very smart. Ofcourse she is, she works for the mafia. I still tried to Denie it.

"Kya bol rahi hai yaar tu aisa kuch bhi-"

(What are you saying there is nothing like that)

"No drama." She said in a no nonsense tone.

I finally gave in and nodded. It's of no use to hide it now.

Maybe I will find a solution to this if I tell her about this.

I sighed and told her everything that had happened in the temple. She just shook her head and facepalmed herself.

I don't think I did something dumb. Then why did she do that ?

"Kya hua? Tu aise kyu react kar rahi hai?" I asked confused.

(What happened? Why are you reacting like that?)

"Kuch nhi. Tu bol isme problem kya hai?" She asked signing.

(Nothing. Tell me what's the problem in this?)

"I don't know what to do now that mahadev has given me a sign." I said.

"Bas yehi thi teri problem? " She asked in disbelief.

(So this is your problem?)

"Haa." I said .

"Aree bewakoof ladki spend time with him or take him out on a coffee. What else are you gonna do idiot?" She said while scolding me.

(Idiot girl)

"Are you mad, he is my boss. How can I do that?" I said looking down denieing it thinking about the consequences.

"Pagal why do you care about what others think when you got the approval from mahadev himself." she said.

She has gotten a point. Why do I care about the consequences when the one who guided me is mahadev. I am dumb.

I have geniune feelings for him and I don't need to prove it to the world.

I looked up with confidence and gave her a big smile.

"Now that's like my Ridhima. Ja ridhu ja kar usee coffee par invite." she said dramatically.

(Go ridhu go invite him for coffee)

I laughed at her and nodded. Okay, let's do it.

Karan's pov

The lunch break is going to start in a few minutes. I opened the box which had the beautiful braclet in it.

Damn it I am feeling soo nervous just to give her a gift.

It's because she gave me a kind of professional gift. But I am giving her an accessory.

I am afraid. What if it's not to her liking. My first gift itself is gonna go flop. What if she slaps me. Why would she?

I heard a knock on the door and saw that Ridhima had come. My tension vanished seeing her.

"Come in Ridhima." I said.

She came in with a smile and we started talking and eating like usual.

I may look normal but deep down I am building up the courage to give her this.

It's just a thank you gift. Be brave Karan. Be brave. I motivated myself.

"Ahem Ridhima." I cleared my throat for her attention from the food.

"Yes Karan." she said while sweetly smiling.

Hayeee. How am I suppose to give her this braclet when her smile is more beautiful, precious and valuable than this.

"I brought a gift for you to thank you for helping my mother get over her pain and for being a wonderful friend of mine." I said while looking at her .

She was going to denie but I stopped her and held her hands.

"Please Ridhima. I accepted your gift so you need to accept mine." I said while using the trick she used on me some days ago.

She gave up and smiled while nodding. I smiled in victory and showed her the gift.

"Woww it's soo pretty. Thank you soo much Karan." she said looking at the braclet then me.

"Not more than you tho but welcome." I said while eating.

Smooth like butter ~

She looked at me with shock and then focused on wearing the braclet while smiling.

Cute. I thought while looking at her and smiled.

She was struggling to wear the braclet as her one hand was covered with sabji.

I got up from my chair and went near her. She was soo busy with the braclet she did not notice me.

I bent to her level and took her hand and made her wear the braclet. Thats when she realised I was standing near her.