23. Tonight

Ridhima's pov

"I am sorry to interrupt you guys but can I join you in the conversation?"

I was brought back from my strawberry word to reality by this voice.

I stared at the man infront of me who looked very similar to Karan. Is he karan's father?

"You don't need to ask papa." He said confirming my doubt.

"Namaste sir." I said and quickly went to touch his feet.

He moved back immediately and stopped me.

"It's okay you don't have to touch my feet. Betiya paar nahi chuti hai." He said with a polite smile.

(Daughters don't touch feet)

"Anyway I am still very young and handsome to be called an uncle. Right Ridhima?" He said sassily.

I laughed at his remark and nodded my head. Karan shook his head and chuckled.

His dad actually seems pretty cool. Both of his parents are soo chill.

"Congratulations on getting the project beta." He said.

"Thank you soo much Mr. Singhania. Even your son worked very hard for this project." I said admiring him.

His father gave him a teasing smile and he just face palmed himself. I am unable to understand their secret conversation.

Literally everyone can read me like an open book and I have no idea what others talk about. I am such an air - head.

"Thank you beta. Btw does he give you too much work load?. If so then tell me right away." He father asked seriously.

I immediately shook my head. He never gives any kind of work load.

"He never does that. Infact he takes all the load himself so we don't have to take stress. He is a great boss."

Karan gave me a smile and said thank you. Even his father gave him a proud smile.

Before we could continue the conversation his mother called us for the havan.

All of us went and sat in the havan. It was very peaceful. I felt relieved that I thanked God properly for my success.

She gave me Prasad and I took a little extra for both of my bffs too. I checked the time and it was already past 2:00 pm.

I need to go home take some rest and get ready for the party. I should probably get going.

"Thank you soo much aunty for inviting me here. It really means a lot to me." I said genuinely.

"You don't have to thank me. You are a really sweet and kind girl so ofcourse I had to invite you." She said while smiling.

"I agree with her ridhi." Karan said making me blush at the nickname.

His parents shared a look but he was staring at me. I controlled my smile.

"I should get going now. See you tonight Karan." I said looking at him.

We weren't able to talk much because of Pooja. We kept stealing glances of each other tho.

Karan's pov

She is already going??. Man I barely even talked to her. Buuut Tonight's the chance to talk to her.

"Okay byee then. See you tonight." I said while dropping her till her cab.

She smiled at me and I gave her a side hug. I wanted to hug her completely but not without her permission.

She went to her home and I went inside mine . Thank God the havan's over succesfully.

Both my parents went to their room as they were very tired from making the arrangements.

Even I went to my room and slept as I was still very tired. I cant complete one month's sleep in a day.

I wonder what is she gonna wear. Whatever she will wear one thing is certain.

And that is she will look pretty as always. Damn it I her soo freaking much.

I drifted to sleep thinking about her. I woke up after some time and saw it was around 06:00 pm.

I went down and ate some evening snacks with my family. After that I took a hot shower to look fresh at the party.

I came out of the bathroom and my mother knocked at the door. I let her in.

"Mom you here?" I asked as I was confused seeing her suddenly come to my room.

"Yes I am because I am your mother. Anyway leave that tell me what are you going to wear to the party?" She asked excitedly.

"Nothing much just this suit." I said showing her a chexs suit.

She gave me a judging look and face palmed herself.

"Is it not good?" I asked looking at the suit. Honestly it is such a bad choice to be wearing at a party.

She shook her head immediately. "Let me help you." She said and opened my closet.

She gave me a black coat and white shirt with black pants. It's the classic.

"This will definitely make you look more attractive." My mother said confidently.

I just nodded because she is a women and obviously knows what men look attractive in.

I wondnt agree if it was my father tho. Because I can never understand when he is joking and when he is serious. Only mom can.

I wore it and my mother rolled her hands around my head and pressed it on the sides of her forehead.

I chuckled and became a little shy. She kept a kala tika under my ear. Even I am impressed by myself.

I look good.