13. Blessed

Ridhima's pov

"But what about you sir. Won't you be late too and I need to inform my friends about it too." I said.

"I already informed my parents and it's completely fine. You can inform your friends about it now." he said.

"Ohh then it's okay." I picked up my phone to call them.

I called gauri di and she lifted the call.

On the phone

(R -Ridhima,G - gauri)

R- Har har mahadev. Kya kar rahe ho?

G - Har har mahadev Ridhima. How did you call me during work? You never do that.

R - Woh actually di I needed to inform you that I will be coming home late from now on.

G - Why? what's wrong?

R - It's because our company got this big project soo sir wanted us to work over time in office or home. I chose office.

G - Congratulations but How will you come home? there won't be any cabs available

R - Karan will drop me. He told me that he will drop me safely at home every night. But I will also be very careful.

G - I know you are strong enough to protect yourself. But take care okay?

R - I will definitely take care of myself. Btw don't wait for me late at night okay? And nandini anyway won't wait for me as she loves her sleep.

G - true. Okay byee then. She said while chuckling.

I texted nandini as she is busy and she texted me saying 👌and take care. She must be very busy.

I love both of them soo much. They care a lot about me.

Karan's pov

"What happened? Are they okay with this?" I asked calmly.

Even though I am calm but I am very impatient from inside. I really want her to work here.

Not because of what you people think idiots. But because it will actually be easy if I can work with her offline.

And also because I like spending time with her. I know we are here for work but still.

Why am I behaving like an lovesick employee? When I am the boss. Pagal hota ja raha hoon.

(I am becoming mad)

"They are okay with me working late that too here." she said.

Thank you kanha ji. I love you for this.

"That's great. It's gonna be much easier to work that way." I replied happily.

She nodded. After that we both went back to our work.

She kept asking me doubts without any hesitation which is great. She is learning a lot and same with me.

In this way we did not even realise when the time was over. We both moved towards the ground floor.

We both are tired as hell.

She worked a lot today. Is she just tired or is she upset about something. Is she upset because I scolded her a little in the morning.

She isn't talking at all. I mean she is but only for work.

"So Ridhima as you had asked me your gift is freaking awesome I was thinking to buy it too." I said while smiling and sitting in the car.

A wide smile formed on her face. Huff
Finally a smile. But it's a sad one.

"Really. Thank you soo much. I am very happy that you liked it." She replied in her same tone.

"You don't seem happy." I said raising my eyebrow.

She went silent for a moment before saying "what do you mean?"

"You know I am your friend right? Then why don't you tell me what happened? why are you upset?" I asked softly.

"I know you are my friend. I am just thinking about how proud my parents would be if they were here. But unfortunately." she took a deep breath while looking down.

"Your parents would be soo sad to know that you are sad on a happy day. They are proud of you and are watching over you." I explained comfortingly.

She nodded. A few tears escaped her eyes. Which she wiped immediately.

"I really am blessed by shiv ji to have such friends and loved ones in my life."