12. Her fragrance

Karan's pov

I got ready as usual and was going to go down for breakfast. Whatever happened yesterday is not leaving my mind.

Those cute and pretty puppy eyes. Oh god. Krishna ji definitely took extra time to create her.

I then looked in the mirror to see myself grining. Am I turning mad or something.

I just shook my head and turned to wear my watch. Then I saw the unwrapped gift on the table.

Oh btw I opened the gift as soon as I came home. I was amazed when I saw a candle.

Scented candle to be more presies. I was actually thinking to buy a scented candle since a long time.

I had read somewhere that it helps to keep the atmosphere happy and light. I really need it as I am short tempered.

I can't work with this temper so I thought of buying it. I wonder how she got to know.

Whatever I just loved the gift given by her. A thoughtful one actually. I am impressed.

I went down and ate breakfast. I give my parents each and every information on what happens daily.

And honestly I can see them taking a liking to Ridhima already. They will be more happy when they meet her in person.

I bid bye to my parents and came to the office. Why hasn't Ridhima come yet?.

She is always early to office. Why is she soo late today. It must be because she went home late last night.

I will not tell her anything this time as she was with me yesterday.

I went in my cabin and sat on the chair. I took out the candle and lit it up.

I smelt a familiar fragrance coming from the candle. Wait a sec it smells like HER.

I get a similar fragrance from her too. A lavender one.

I heard a knock breaking my thoughts. I knew who it is. Obviously Ridhima.

I allowed her to come in.

As soon as she came inside she immediately started talking.

"I am soo sorry sir I am late please forgive me sorr-"

"Ridhima calm down. It's okay I know why you are late very well. "

She calmed down and nodded. She sighed in relief and finally gave me a smile.

A cute smile which I was missing.

But you met her yesterday. So what.

Ridhima's pov

"I am allowing it this time because you were with me yesterday and I know the reason. Next time I won't." he warned me with a serious look.

I sometimes forget that Karan is also my boss. I mean it feels like he has a multiple personality desorder.

I nodded. I guess he sensed that the atmosphere was tense so he gave me a smile.

The smile I had been dieing to see.

But you met him yesterday. So what.

That's when I realised that he lit the candle that I gifted him. Damn it smells amazing.

"Did you like the gift sir?" I asked happily.

"Yes I did Ms. Singh. And no personal talks during work." he replied.

Why is he soo serious today. I should be careful around him. He is also my BOSS.

"Yes sir and sorry I will be careful. Here's your time table." I showed him his time table.

"Good." he said and he saw his time table.

We had a meeting in the evening. After that I went to work.

The meeting was a success and we got the project. But the project was very big.

So only some selected people by sir get to work in it. He chose me as well.

But that meant we had to do over time. Especially me and sir. So it would be late at night till I reach home.

Sir being kind gave us all a choice to either complete the work at night in home or in office.

Honestly I have no idea what to do. I guess the confusion was evident on my face.

"What's wrong Ridhima?" He asked.

"Umm actually I am confused about the choices you gave us sir." I said.

"I would actually suggest you to work from office. Because since you are new here you can get to learn more things from me and vice versa. But then again you are right in your place if you want to work from home." he said.

I agree with him actually. But the problem is that I am only worried about how will I go home late at night. I mean cabs and autos are not available.

"I agree with you sir. But I have only one problem that how will I go home late?"

He nodded and thought for a while. Then I think an idea struck him.

"I will drop you home Ridhima. Is that fine?" He asked.

That means I will get to spend more time with him. I nodded but realised
that he will be late too.