Chapter 4 : A Sister's Arrival and A Son's Confession

Lyanna Stark Targaryen (Year 99 A.C.)

Kingslanding - Lyanna Starks Chambers

She had thought. 'That after birthing Aemon two times, the pain of childbirth would somehow lessen, but she was mistaken.' The birthing pains had come once more, and she found herself confined to her bed, surrounded by maids and the castle's maester bustling about her.

"Lyanna, you are doing great. I'm so proud of you," her husband, Crown Prince Baelon Targaryen, whispered to her, his purple eyes filled with love and concern. As she endured the waves of pain, she silently prayed to the old gods, pleading for Baelon's continued health. She had already witnessed the birth of Aemon and watched him grow; she couldn't bear the thought of losing Baelon now. She and her children needed him.

She kissed him as he held her hand, just as he had during Aemon's birth. Baelon had defied anyone who dared tell him otherwise, insisting on being by her side. He was a loving and devoted husband, and she cherished him more each passing day.

Another surge of pain coursed through her body, and she pushed with all her strength. "Yes, Princess, just a little more. I see the head. Now, push," Maester Melos instructed. She followed his guidance, her exhausted body pushing until the ordeal finally ended.

With a triumphant cry, it was done. She let out an exhausted groan mixed with tears of happiness. "You have a girl, my Prince and Princess," Maester Melos announced. "A new princess for the realm."

"Give her to me," she requested, yearning to hold her child. However, her moment of happiness was interrupted as another wave of pain rippled through her body. It was not another child but the afterbirth, a necessary yet painful part of childbirth.

"Well done, Princess. It's all over now. You have given birth to a healthy babe," Maester Melos reassured her, handing the babe to her. Exhausted but elated, she cradled her daughter, who lay sleeping peacefully in her arms. The child was less rosy than Aemon had been but equally beautiful.

"She has your eyes this time and my black-brown raven hair," she said with wonder, looking at her daughter's closed eyes. She marveled at the child's perfect features, a blend of their bloodlines.

"She does, Lya. A beautiful girl," Baelon agreed, his eyes filled with love. He ran his fingers through his daughter's tufts of dark hair, and a contented smile graced his face. "Have you thought of any names, my love?"

' Visenya. The name came to her, a tribute to a legendary Targaryen from the past.' She thought is perfect for the little fierce daughter she now had. "What about Visenya? I think it's time our family had another Visenya. We already have a Rhaenys."

Baelon nodded in agreement, his approval clear. "Very well, my love. Visenya it shall be, for Visenya Targaryen, daughter of Baelon Targaryen and Lyanna Stark."

As they shared a moment of joy, a servant entered the chamber, seeking permission for Prince Aemon and Prince Viserys to meet their new sibling. "My prince, Prince Aemon and Prince Viserys

asked to come see their sibling. May I let him in?" the servant inquired.

"You may, but please cover up the bed first. Aemon doesn't need to see all the blood. We will change the linens after he leaves," Baelon instructed.

Minutes later, their elder son, Aemon, rushed into the room, his little legs carrying him as fast as they could. He was followed closely by Viserys, who had taken care of his brother during the past few hours, a responsibility he had embraced with love.

"Muna, Kepa!" Aemon exclaimed, running to them. "Congratulations, Kepa," Viserys said.

Viserys joined the embrace with Baelon. Later, he congratulated her just as warmly. "Congratulations, Stepmother, you have given us and the realm a wonderful new Princess," Viserys said with his genuine smile. "You have given birth to a dark-haired one this time. I have doubted she will be as beautiful as her mother." He said as he looked at Visenya in her arms.