Chapter 29: Change

Aemon Targaryen (108 A.C. Nineth Moon)

Stepstones – Little Tyrosh

"My Prince, how was the patrol?" Desmond Manderley questioned him when he landed and dismounted from Balerion's back. "Well enough, my lord, ten sunken Triarchy ships and four captured by our fleet. They have been sent to Shame Isle to be used in Armada of Lord Redwyne." He said, and lord nodded with a bright smile.

"Any reports? How faired my wife on her patrols?" He asked. "Your wife returned yesterday, my Prince, and she also had a successful patrol. I heard fifteen sunken ships, no captures, however." Good, his wife was still safe. He hadn't suspected otherwise, but it was always good to hear.

Desmond spoke again, "There has been a letter, from my brother and the King. Both are addressed to you, I'm most curious to hear what they have to say. If I'm so privileged to hear what was my Prince." He smiled at Desmond as a willing man. A true supporter of his cause and a true Northman. "If it is needed I shall inform you, my lord. Your stewardship of Little Tyrosh hasn't gone unnoticed."

"It's a pleasure to hear I'm your confidence. As for our Lord Admiral, he has sent word the Grey Gallows have fallen. Minor losses on our side, but over two hundred liberated captives. They have been sent here to be sorted, and see what can be done for those souls. Fifty pirates also have been sent to the wall on ships. Another five hundred have been slaughtered and stacked to the sands." Good Grey Gallows is the first Central Isle to fall, and four more Central Isle to go.

"Very good. I'm also wondering what your brother and I have to say." He said with a smile to the man.

Not much later he arrived in his chambers. He was greeted by a collision. "Aemon," His wife had collided with him and kissed him fully. "My love." He said as he held her in his arms. She sniffed her nose, her face grimaced a bit. "What?" "You stink of Dragon, my dear."

"Well, I'm one." He said as he attacked her neck with kisses. "Aemon," She murmured, as clink to his neck. "Oh, I wish to be with you husband, but you have duties first." She held his face, he sighed and nodded, kissing her on the cheek. As he walked toward his desk. It was full of scrolls, some already open.

"Already did some work?" He questioned. "Yes, looked at the reports, and answered some questions on the trade coming through, and taxes. Lord Manderley has been most helpful, he is a good man in charge of this port. Although it isn't surprising considering his lordship over the biggest port of the North." He smiled, it seemed Rhaenys had educated her well. Although Corlys had some hand in it as well.

"Well done, I am happy to have a willing partner, Manderley has certainly been a boon, his brother as well. He taught me much, you can learn much from them." He said and thought back on his time in Seadragon Point.

"Yes, I would Iike to meet the Wylard at some point, you and Desmond so speak highly of him." "I learned much from him, a second son of White Harbor he was the perfect, man to see over the start of the construction of the harbor, and all the ongoings of trade. He has been there for twelve years now, and has never failed me." He said with a wide smile, he formed a bond with the man, and he was one of his most loyal men.

"Let's see what my brother and Wylard sent us," he remarked, settling into his seat at the desk, though wearing armor made it rather uncomfortable. With a swift motion, he broke the seal of the royal letter and began to read aloud, ensuring Laena could hear every word as she took a seat opposite him.

'To his Prince Aemon Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, Lord of Sea Dragon Point and Heir to the Iron Throne,

Dear brother, I write to you with news of our family, which I trust you'll find most pleasing. Aegon is flourishing and seems to have formed a bond with a dragon egg. There's hope it will hatch in due time. Visenya is in good health, she enjoyed your nameday gifts, and while offers of marriage have come her way, I will not entertain them without your or her mother's consent. I relinquished some of my autonomy when I chose a different path. But the most surprising development is..." He paused, disbelief evident in his expression. "What is it, Aemon? You look taken aback," he nodded to Laena, conveying the rest of the contents of the letter.