Chapter 30 : Departure's

Notes: Extra upload, as it's my birthday/nameday today. 

Rheanys Targaryen Velaryon (108 Third Moon)

Driftmark

Dear Mother,

By the time you receive this letter, I should already be on my way home. I have great news, or so I hope. I'm carrying your first grandchild, Mother. I'm with a child and couldn't be happier with the news.

It's been a week since I learned the news, and after consideration and discussion, Aemon and I decided I shall be heading home. The first child of Aemon and I, one made of love, Mother. Seeing him again after that time and experiencing this war with him, I feel I couldn't be without him anymore. As for Laenor, he and Seasmoke are doing well and have recovered, and they will have to continue this war without us. I have no doubt my brother has learned from his last encounter, and with Aemon's guidance, he will be an accomplished dragon rider. As for the father, he has taken pride and happiness in the announcement of me being with child. He was adamant about me returning to Driftmark, as was my husband. As for the war is going as Aemon had hoped, although Daemon's presence in Pentos has caused uneasiness in that region. Especially with his reported gifts and lands he received. It has caused the Triarchy and other powers to see Pentos as a possible threat that could perhaps cause another war. Yet, that still remains to be seen.

Letters about these developments have also been sent to Kingslanding, Winterfell, Seadragon Point, and Dragonstone. Even Runestone, they are my nephews, after all. I was quite persistent that Aemon sent a letter to them, the same as the gifts.

I will be home soon, Mother. I am home as quickly as Vhagar's wings can carry me.

Princess Laena Velaryon Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone, Little Tyrosh, and Seadragon Point.

'She was coming home, and she was with child. Her little Dragon was with child. Repeating it in her head did not make it any less strange. Yet it wasn't something she was so surprised about. She had seen the love between Laena and Aemon; when they had been betrothed, the love had already been there, and their marriage had only consolidated that. Even from what her daughter had told, Rhaenyra might hold also a little part of her daughter's heart.

That was still an odd thing. She had noticed it in Laenor, and now her daughter had too? Had they both a liking for same-sex? She didn't mind. She was a Valyrian and wouldn't be uncomfortable or strange to accept their nature. She was their mother and would love them no matter who they chose to love. In Laena's case, not having two mothers competing for their children might even be advantageous. To have the affection of Aemon or their own over his. It would only be an advantage for them. It might work well, and she hoped the marriage would be fruitful on both sides.'

Then, her thoughts were interrupted as one of the household guards entered the hall. "My princess, a dragon of golden-yellow scales, has been sighted and is landing in the courtyard as we speak." The guard announced. 'What was Rhaenyra doing? Had she received word and wanted to be here for Laena's return?' She wondered.

"I shall receive her. My daughter has written; perhaps that is why she has come." She replied, putting on a cloak with a split between a dragon and a seahorse in white, light blue, red, and black colors.

"Let's go and see why my great-cousin has come."She added. "Yes, princess," The man replied, nodded, and followed her as she walked toward the courtyard of the High Tide.

As she arrived, she looked into the sky and saw Rhaenyra descending on dragonback. The yellow-golden scales and orange wings with streaks of white—it was the beauty of a dragon. Her own scarlet shadow had it, too. It seemed many female dragons had beauty to themselves.