Chapter 39 : New blood

Laena Velaryon Targaryen (109 A.C. Ten Moon – fourth day)

Driftmark – Hight Tide Shore

The sea hit her feet lightly, and the water was getting colder. All the signs were dear that winter was coming. It seemed part of her husband's words always rang true.

Roar! Vhagar was in the air, and she wondered why. 'Her lady mostly went into the air to either hunt, perhaps once a week. For either whale or fish, yet her lady had already flown yesterday. So why was it in the air now?'

For that reason, she didn't have to wait long as she glimpsed two winged shapes in the air. One was a yellow-golden shape, her sister-wife Yellow Lady, and one was a black behemoth, her husband Black Dread.

"Aemon." She murmured as she looked at the sky. Balerion and Vhagar were dancing, a familiar dance she had seen on the occasion. It was a dance of a pair coming together. A dragon and a dragon were meant to be together.

Balerion shrieked, and the dragon dove down and flowed by Syrax and Vhagar. 'It was a sight. Seeing them dive like that,' she thought in wonder.

They ended it just before they would hit the water. Cliding just above the water, and their wingtips just tip the water. Then, a few feet from her, they landed. Balerion rose high into the sky and let us roar, announcing his present to the entire island and her child chick. 'It was as if agreeing with the dragon's arrival, or was it the happiness of sensing his or her father?' She thought as she touched her swollen belly.

The ladders were being thrown down from Balerion. She could feel more excitement building, and her heart fluttered in her chest. Another kick, and it seemed the babe was agreeing with her excitement.

Then, a white bol of fur came running down the dragon's wing and, with a jump, landed on the beach. She let out a laugh as Ghost rol happily in the sand. "Laena," And she looked toward the voice. Aemon he was standing, a true Targaryen Prince with grey eyes and curly silver-golden hair she loved so much.

She began to walk over to him, and he ran. "Oh, I missed you, my love," Aemon said, his lips crashing on hers with a passion. 'I missed this,' she thought as she took in sent, his taste on her lips. "And I you, as does your child," she said after they broke apart and took his hand toward her belly. Another kick as Aemon's hand caressed her belly. "Oh, feel the babe. Our child, oh, I hope you have been well. I would have been there if I could." He said with a bright smile, yet some regret in his voice.

"I know, but we have our duties. You are out there, on the field of battle, and I, before long, in the birthing bed. I would never blame you for being who you are." She said as she held his face and caressed his scar.

"Well, I hope for the foreseeable future, I shall be at your side, all three of us together and soon a fourth," Aemon said, and his hand returned to her belly.

"Laena, I missed you," Rhaenyra said when she approached them. "Rhaenyra," she said, and she embraced her sister-wife. "How is the babe?" Rhaenyra asked as she held her hand. "Well, it seems the babe is quite excited, as she or he is kicking a lot this morning. A possible meeting with Aemon is the cause." She said with a smile.

"Well, our husband is the one who caused that. He causes quite the excitement at Aegon's nameday celebrations. Although it was more than worth to have him there." Rhaenyra said and kissed Aemon on his cheek.

"I was happy to be there and see everyone again. Although some I would have rather not." Aemon said, 'Otto, it who he meant. She didn't know the Hand of the King well. Yet from everything she heard, the man was not to be trusted.' She thought about Aemon's words.