chapter twenty five; the end of everything

"SIT DOWN YOUR ROCKING THE BOAT" the glee club sung with their hands high in the air

"that was the most ghetto number i have ever seen." santana laughed as they all walked towards us.

"then just call me george jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. national champs, baby!" artie cheered.

"this week's assignment is easy. graduation is just a few days away. there's nothing left to prepare for. our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: say goodbye. underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us." mr schue grabbed a stool from the front of the room.

"a part of me just wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever" mercedes sighed from next to kurt.

"we can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." brittany added, clearly impressed by the idea.

"i really hope you're about to rap." quinn joked, looking up mr schue who had his guitar in hand.

"no such luck. i'm leading by example here. this one is for you guys." he began strumming the chords to forever young.

i was proud of my progress here at mckinley high, when i first begun coming i was lost. following the crowd no matter what it led me to do, even though some of those choices did leave me in a terrible place on the other side of the world.

sixteen year old chloe would have never thought that she could find real love, not even mentioning someone as truly amazing as blaine.

i look around at these people i had known all my life and i smiled to myself. last week i felt lost, like i had nothing if i didn't have mckinley but now i was found.

i was certain i had gotten into nyada and i was certain blaine was going to get in next year aswell, we still hadn't talked about what going long distance would do to our relationship but we were a strong couple, we could get through it. together.

i walked into my next class, i sat next to blaine so i made my way over with a smile.

"hey"

"um we've been putting this off for far too long, but don't you think we should have the talk?" blaine sighed, taking my hand in his.

"can't we just have two final days of denial?" i asked, taking a good look into his eyes.

"no, no, we cannot. this is happening right now, chloe. it's not some far-off thing in the future. you're graduating, i'm not. you know how hard long-distance relationships can be. we both saw the notebook."

"so sad" i shook my head before taking a deep breath.
"okay do you know how i picture my life, with you. we'll have a house in new york, maybe a couple of kids, we'll have finn, kurt and maybe cooper over every thanksgiving and christmas.
and when my albums release and your on broadway i'll be there at every show, and when i win a grammy and you win a tony; the glee club will be invited for a huge party"