chapter thirty; just for a moment.

"THE SECRET SOCIETY of superheroes club is now in session

"THE SECRET SOCIETY of superheroes club is now in session." blaine banged on his gavel, sitting at the front of the room wearing a superhero costume.
"it is the purpose of this club to fight injustice, to right all that which is wrong, and to preserve truth, justice and peace in the halls of mckinley high."

i couldn't think of anything worse then being here right now but sam convinced me that it would be a fun thing to try out, as friends.

"first order of business roll call. go."

"asian persuasion here. my superpower is being the mistress of manipulation." tina stared deep into blaine's soul before smiling innocently.

"blond chameleon here. my superpower is i can impersonate anybody. george w. bush, heh." sam shared and i made sure to laugh extra hard just to make blaine jealous.

"galactic bitch here. my superpower is to keep you all in line and shout when necessary." i flipped my hair with a smile.

"tarantula head here. my superpower is lashing you with my dreads." joe said whipping his head, making his dreadlocks hit the table with a snap.

"sweet 'n' spicy, here. my superpower is money." sugar smiled.

"second order of business inducting new members into our ever-swelling ranks. candidates, come forth." blaine welcomed becky, artie and brittany into the room and i raised my eyebrows at how genuinely stupid this club was.

"excited to be here, blaine." artie smiled as he rolled in.

"first of all, there are no civilian identities in here, okay?
i am nightbird the nocturnal avenger. and second of all, i really hope you're not trying to pass yourself off as a certain telepathic leader of a certain group of superhuman mutants because that would be a copyright violation." blaine sighed, correcting artie who looked a little dead inside.

"uh, i'm dr. y and my superpower is wheelies?" he changed his name, causing blaine a wide smile on his face.

"welcome, dr. y. next."

"i'm queen bee and i can sting like a bitch." becky made a gun with her fingers and pointed it around the room.

"welcome, queen bee. next."

"i'm the human brain." brittany responded nonchalantly.

"welcome, human brain. what's this? a text just came through on my nightphone. have you talked to chloe. i already told you, asian persuasion, this account is only supposed to be for emergencies, and you cannot use your powers of manipulation to coax me into getting back with my ex, so stop trying." blaine spat as tina gave him a small fake smile.

"also i'm right here, please don't talk about chlaine, it's over." i dramatically turned my head.

"what is it, chai tea?" blaine asked as dottie ran into the room wearing a terrified look.