chapter forty; los angeles

BLAINE GOT OVER ME LYING TO HIM ABOUT LEAVING

luckily.

i was stringing my luggage along the long isles of the airport, finn on my right and blaine on my left holding my hand.
"three months is way too long without you." he sighed, squeezing it three times.

"only an average of ninety one days." i shrugged.

"okay brittany." finn laughed.

the moment that i had been dreading finally arrived, the gate becoming closer with every step the three of us took.

"i feel sick." i crossed my arms over my stomach, another habit that i had picked up from somewhere.

"can't believe your flying by yourself for the first time, my baby sister." finn joked.

"finn, i'm older then you." i reminded him rolling my eyes before letting go of blaine's hand and facing the two of them.

"well?" blaine asked and i took a deep breath, taking them both in, starting to question if this was the right decision.

"i don't think i should do this." i spoke quickly, moving forward to leave, finn and blaine creating a wall to stop me.

"chloe if you don't do this, i might just die." blaine grabbed my shoulders and finn nodded silently in agreement.

"yeah do this for taylor swift, and kurt, and mom, and dad, and mercedes, and rachel, and mr schue and sam." finn told me and i shook my head, not wanting to do this for mr schue.

"give rachel a hug from me, it's her fault i'm here right now." i chuckled, thinking back to the whole traitor scenario.

"i will." finn nodded, we were all standing in a comfortable silence, my ticket under my arm and luggage in the other hand, when the bell signalling the plane was going to take off blared though the speakers.

"that's your cue." finn pointed to the gate and i nodded my head.

"blaine you've been quiet." i pointed to the boy who was staring at his feet, kicking around a ball of hair.

"don't really want this moment to end, i don't want to say goodbye to you." his voice broke and i said nothing before pulling him in.

"jeez blaine, i don't think you were this upset about our breakup." i joked, happy to see him crack a small smile.

"because i knew it wasn't over." he smiled again and i nodded my head in agreement.

"don't want to ruin this moment but chloe's career will be over if she doesn't get on the plane now." finn pointed out and i pulled away from blaine, jumping onto finn.

"i'll see you soon chloe." he whispered and i nodded.

"i'm a text away finn, remember, don't ghost me again." i smiled, pointing to him as i began to walk away, slinging my spare bag over my shoulder.

"go." finn laughed, waving me off and i nodded before beginning to walk in the opposite direction.

not looking back as i boarded the plane.

i found my seat and began to get comfortable when a blonde girl approached me. she was pretty and had striking blue eyes, the opposite of what i was.

"are you sitting here?" i asked, moving my handbag of the empty seat as she stumbled to sit down next to me.

"yeah, you're really pretty by the way." she smiled, stretching her hand out. "i'm lacy."

"i'm chloe." i shook her hand, returning the smile.

after a long flight and talking to lacy for pretty much the entire time, and finding out she was also from ohio, i was rushing to get to the escalator to get out of that damn airport. one thing about planes is that it's probably the worst sleep you'll ever have. i just wanted to get back to my hotel and sleep until next week.

exciting the airport and the warm air hitting my face all of my doubts went away, i knew i was making the right decision.