first day of school.

"Sadie Marie! I will not tell you again!! I need to get to work so hurry up!" Tim Bradford shouts up to his 14 year old daughter from the bottom of the stairs.
"And I've told you I'm coming!" Sadie snapped as she quickly adds the finishing touches of her makeup.

Tim sighed, it was the first day back from summer break..and summer break wasn't very great for the father and daughter duo. They got news that Sadie's mother- Isabelle died from a drug overdose. Isabelle only played a part in Sadie's life when she wanted money or somewhere to couch surf on, she was only in their lives when it suited her. It was a constant cycle- Isabelle would leave for months to years and come back, want money claim she's clean then leave again. But as much as Isabelle was not a great mom Sadie was always a mommy's girl..so when they both got the news she was dead it changed Sadie.

And Tim hopes it doesn't affect her behaviour at school, he knows she was already hard work, but he hopes this doesn't make it worse.
Finally Sadie storms out of her room and stomps down the stairs.
"You ready?" Tim asks grabbing his car keys.
"yep" she nods and leaves to jump into the truck, Tim shakes his head and grabs his bag for work and jumps into the drivers seat and starts the truck and drives to Sadie's school.

"here's lunch money, please behave honey. I should be here to pick you up" Tim says handing Sadie a twenty dollar bill.
"okay Thankyou." Sadie nods and gets out the truck and walks straight up to a group of girls and starts laughing with them. Tim takes a deep breath and he pulls away and drives to the station.

~
"Rosie Chen, here's your lunch" Lucy says passing her daughter a pink lunch box full of food. Rosie looks at her mom and puts her glasses on, "thanks" she says quietly accepting the box and putting it into her back pack.
"your welcome. So, you excited to be back at school?" Lucy asks cheerfully

"I suppose" Rosie shrugs, but secretly she's terrified because of Sadie, Sadie has bullied her for years but recently both online and in person the bullying has gotten worse.
"I can drop you off but your dad would have to collect you as my shift at the hospital doesn't finish until five, so I'll collect you from your dads at around 5:30" Lucy tells her teenage daughter. Rosie nods "I'm ready to go" she sighs.

Lucy nods and grabs her work bag and coffee and leaves with her daughter, they get into her car and start driving to school. They arrive and Rosie's eyes straight away go to Sadie who was walking over to a group of girls, Rosie puts her head down and sighs "go on honey, your dad will collect you tonight" Lucy says softly rubbing her daughters arm.

Rosie nods "bye mom" she says and Lucy pulls her into a hug, Rosie immediately feels embarrassed as she feels a bunch of eyes on her, she gets out the car "Bye pumpkin" Lucy shouts and drives away. Immediately the only and only Sadie Bradford comes over, Rosie puts her head down and attempts to walk away.

"how was your summer pumpkin" Sadie says mockingly following Rosie with a bunch of girls.
Rosie ignores her and carries on walking away, Sadie and her friends walk with her.
"four eyes don't ignore me, I'm trying to be polite and ask how your vacay was,pumpkin" Sadie says mockingly again, and the bunch of girls laughed.

"l-leave me alone" Rosie whispers feeling overwhelmed and embarrassed.
"what was that pumpkin" Sadie chuckles
"G-go away" she says as her eyes fill with tears
"Awh is little Rosie posie going to crwy?" Sadie giggles and suddenly the school bell rang.
"Hmmm looks like we've got to go, see you soon pumpkin" Sadie giggles with her group of friends and turns around and skips off.

Rosie sighs and looks around to see if anyone else saw her interaction with Sadie, then she walks inside to head to first period, algebra.

She sighed in relief to realise Sadie isn't in her algebra class, Rosie didn't know that much about Sadie- all she knew that she lived with her dad and was an only child and her dad is a Sargent with the LAPD.

Sadie was really popular and really pretty, everyone idolised her, even though Sadie was a bully and not a nice person. She could get any boy she wanted. She was a blonde, slim, skinny blue eyed cheerleader..and Rosie was jealous of her.

The first few periods were fine, Sadie wasn't in them. But it came to lunch..Rosie dreaded lunch. She sat on a table on her own and pulled out her pink lunch box and started eating her lunch her mom prepared for her.

-

"oooo Sadie, little pumpkin is over there" Anna nudged Sadie and nods towards Rosie.
Sadie chuckles "let's have lunch with her" she laughs and grabs her hand bag and flips it over her shoulder and runs over with her girl pals and sits on Rosie's table.
"hey pumpkin" Sadie cheered
Rosie ignored her and carried on eating, Sadie grabbed one of Rosie's grapes and threw it off her head "don't ignore me" Sadie scoffs.

Rosie shook her head and collected all her stuff and ran into the bathroom and ate in a stall and let a few tears out.

"little Rosie is scared of you Sadie" Rylee, another one of Sadie's friends chuckled.
"awh that's a shame" Sadie chuckles.