Metamorphosis (Rags to Riches)

As zxThe preview to "Metamorphosis". The spin-off story is mainly based around Calais but is about all of the kids.
Characters are from "Rags to Riches"

The actual story will switch in between the majority of the characters by your choosing, but for this preview, I'll only be doing Calais' P.O.V

V

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋Calais P

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Calais P.O.V
I cleaned off the table in my poppas' sandwich shop a si listened to my music on full blast. It was late at night and since I only worked part-time here, I came late and then stayed to clean and help lock up every night. I didn't have many friends so it's not like I had to go hang out with them or anything. I was always free.

I didn't mind. I loved being alone and not interacting with people even though CeCe bothered me. The girl just walked into my room and would get in my bed and bother me. Or make me talk to her. Or hug her...

She's crazy.

I watched as a guy with two different colors of skin walk in making me look at him weirdly. How the fuck did that happen? I looked around as he looked at me with a small smile and a confused look before speaking. Instead of turning my music down so that I could hear him I went back to cleaning and ignored him trying to talk to me.

I don't like strangers. Someone will come from the back and take his order. I looked at the back and and saw no one was coming and he walked closer to me making me take a step back feeling nervous. I took my headphones off cringing at the sudden quietness I was forced to endure knowing that new sound would be ruined but this strange man talking to me. I should quit.

"What?" I spoke as he chuckled looking at me.

"You work here right?" He asked me as I shrugged.

"Why does your skin look like that?" I asked him curious.

"Like what?" He asked me with a small smile.

Does he not know?

"Two different colors. You're brown and light brown. Like me. Crème. Why?" I asked him as he looked at his skin.