XI

Chapter Eleven: 

~ #Tooblessed2bstressed ~

Monaco.

Monte Carlo.

The Mont of Carlo. 

Carlo's mont. 

No that's not a thing. 

I didn't realize how much I loved this place until I was away from it. The sea, the harbor, the mountains, the people.

It's just so... alive.

I remember when I used to come here with Thea and my mom to watch the Grand Prix. That feels like centuries ago now. Back then, I was just a kid with a dream, following my sister around like a lost puppy.

Now, I'm here as a Ferrari driver, about to compete in the race of my life.

"So. Any bets?" Thea asked.

We were sitting on her small balcony. You could just see the sea between the two buildings ahead. The scent of sea salt filled the air, as did the sound of traffic and people below us. It was the perfect spot for a quiet moment before the chaos that was about to ensue.

"Bets on what?" I chuckled, glancing over at her. She smiled.

"If it's going to rain today." She said sarcastically. "The race, silly."

"Sabrina Hawke. Easy." Matteo responded. He was sitting next to us, leaning back in his seat, eyes closed. I glanced at him.

"Are you not going to bet on your fiance?" Thea shot him a glare, but he didn't see.

"I'm just going with the odds here. It's not personal." He shrugged, sitting up. "Plus, not even you guys can deny Sabrina's skills. She's hot as hell." His voice trailed off. I looked down at my hands.

Thea threw a pillow at him.

"What?" He raised his hands in defense as Thea continued to glare at him. "I was just saying she's hot. And she is. Like, really hot. And she can drive. I mean, I could say the same about you, Lils." He winked, and I gave him a small smile.

There was a long silence.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" Thea suggested, clapping her hands.

"That sounds nice. I need to get some fresh air-" I got to my feet, giving her a smile. She got up too.

"I don't wanna. I'm comfy here. You two can go though." Matteo sighed, leaning back again. He yawned.

"Oh. O-okay." I nodded. Thea put a hand on my shoulder, leading me back inside the house. I found my coat and slipped it

"Oh, and can you bring me back some coffee, pretty please?" Matteo called after us. I rolled my eyes but nodded. Thea just smiled, shaking her head.

"So, where do you want to go?" She asked as we stepped into the elevator. My mind had been drifting.

"Sorry?" I blinked, realizing I had been staring at the elevator doors. "Oh. Um. How about the Promenade des Anglais? I've always loved that walk. It's so peaceful, and you get this amazing view of the sea ." I smiled at her.

"Sounds perfect." She smiled.

We walked out of the building and onto the cobbled streets. The sun was shining, and the air was warm despite the slight breeze that blew across our skin. It was the perfect day for a walk.