19. Boos & Booze

3rd POV

3rd POV

The festival took a complete 180 after Mayor Paul's announcement of renovations to the library. The leading cause: Cynthia Fuller. She outed both Paul and Georgia's relationship, and she announced her candidacy for mayor. Atlanta is seething as she watches the scene, her girls attempting to calm her down.

The Miller's are currently at the office as Mayor Paul and everyone else must find a solution to the problem.

Atlanta's POV

I lean against the wall, chewing on inside of my cheek. My hands shakes with adrenaline as I just want to punch the shit out of that Cynthia bitch. My thoughts are interrupted by Ginny speaking.

"So, dating Paul... should I say 'I told you so' now, or do you want to hear it after I've rehearsed a little? Nice costume, by the way. Very confederate chic," she comments sarcastically.

My eyebrows furrow in anger as I blink slowly to register what she just said. "Bitch, do you want me to jump across here to beat your ass because now ain't the fucking time!" I yell as I advance forward to her.

Mom lays her hand on my chest to stop. She shakes her head with a tiredly sigh. "It's alright, Pumpkin," she assures me. "This is a disaster. Take Austin home. Don't answer the door and turn off all the lights, OK?"

By now, she's kneeled down in front of Austin, talking to him. "But I wanna go trick-or-treating," Austin whines.

"I know. I'm sorry, baby," she apologizes. Acting like a brat, Austin stomps his foot with a displeased groan and walks away. "Hey, Austin!"

Ginny rolls her eyes and walks away. A look of disappointment covers Georgia's face. I give her a hug. "Don't listen to what anyone says, we'll take this bitch down. Even if it means bringing this town down to ashes," I assure her, whispering into her ear.

I pull away from the hug to see her infamous smile once again, making me smile. I place a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

Timeskip