16. Luxuriously

3rd POV

To say that Atty wasn't having the time of her life would be a lie. Ever since her and Mr. Calix's interaction, it was like a game of cat and mouse. Chasing after each other while presenting little surprise tricks on one another.

Marcus has been, well, Marcus. He continues to be infatuated with both Miller girls and Padma. Additionally, he's grown a strong amount of hatred towards Atty and Mr. Calix's newfound relationship.

The amount of drama that'll come about from this.

Atlanta's POV

(No purses)

It's currently my passing period; while, it's Mr. Calix's free period. He has asked me to meet him in his classroom, which is exactly where I'm going. I straighten out my outfit and wear a smile as I make my way towards Mr. Calix's classroom.

Timeskip

I waltz inside his classroom, closing the door discreetly behind me. Mr. Calix looks up from the papers he was grading to acknowledge my presence. He smiles brightly at me and stands to his feet to walk towards me. "For a second, I thought you ditched me," he says.

I look up at him and smirk. "Now, how could I ever ditch a handsome man like yourself, Sir?" I ask him rhetorically and flirtatiously, tilting my head to the side.

He brings a hand up towards my face and caresses my cheek. I lean into his embrace. "I have a surprise for you," he announces, looking at me longingly in the eyes.

I move a bit from him out of excitement. "Really?" I ask him with a smile.

He nods his head in a "yes" motion. "But, in order for you to get your gift, you'll have to turn around for a bit," he notifies me.

I oblige and do so. While turned around, I hear the sound of a draw opening and the rustling of plastic. I then hear footsteps from behind me until they stop. "You can turn around now," I hear Mr. Calix say.

Out of curiosity, I turn around. What I'm met with is astonishing. There stood Mr. Calix holding a luxurious necklace.

 Calix holding a luxurious necklace